Korg Nu:Tekt DIY Synth kit

The nutekt is a great little thing. Lots of possibilities. I just wish that it had a tiny bit more processing power, as I often run into issues using third party oscillators and fx, where you can’t use all the sections at the same time. I’d love the reverb to be a little less grainy, and I’d really like the knobs to have a relative mode or something instead of snap… But I guess they can’t make it toooo good for £100!

So even though I have had my NTS-1 for about a year, I just discovered that oscillators can be edited beyond the A and B knobs, provided the oscillator model that is loaded provides for it. If you hold down OSC and turn the Type knob, you can enter the Edit menu for an oscillator. You can scroll through the parameters in the Edit menu using the Type knob, and change a parameter using the B knob.

My mind is blown. Hopefully this helps others that may not have known about this functionality.

4 Likes

Btw, can anyone confirm whether Tim Shoebridge’s Vector Oscillator works with the NTS-1? i.e. Will the NTS-1 respond to MIDI control of the cross-fading parameters?

Somehow didn’t know about NTS-1 until last week. Fantastic functionality crammed into that smart little box. Bought one immediately for the fx to use with newly acquired 0-coast.

2 Likes

I too found out about these further controls for the oscillators and I’ve used this synth more than any others I have recently
A great synth in its own right

1 Like

I would guess that it works (he says so) but that you can’t control the additional parameters via MIDI (as the NTS-1’s MIDI implementation is fairly limited). But you might drop him a note asking.

1 Like

Thank you. I did.

Not being able to modulate those parameters on a vector oscillator makes it fairly useless (with all due respect to Mr. Shoebridge).

My feeling with the NTS-1 is that a lot of the user contributions will work on it, but they really shine with the higher-end models.

1 Like

Yeah, they work great on the Minilogue XD. Bit of menu diving, though…

MIDI CCs for the Korg -logue SDK Vector algorithm from Mr. Shoebridge’s YT video “manual”:

Minilogue XD, MIDI CCs: 54 (X-axis, Shape), 104 (Y, Shift+Shape)

NTS-1, MIDI CCs: 54 (X-axis, Shape), 55 (Y-axis, Shift Shape)

Woohoo!

4 Likes

I have to go download that add-on for the NTS. Sounds like good stuff

1 Like

His stuff is really really awesome. Same with the Sinevibes stuff.

1 Like

I am tempted by both their plugins, but they always are just that little bit too pricey for me to take the plunge.

that’s why Sinevibes collection makes sense — big discount + you get special price for plugins that will be added in the future.

3 Likes

Wait, wha? If you order the bundle you get future discounts? :open_mouth:

@DoS @cold_fashioned – the dirtboxsynth stuff for NTS-1 is excellent by the way!

1 Like

exactly.

1 Like

Looking at the nts1 board a bit closer reveals some fun untapped potential…

Today I finally got around to soldering on some female headers and answering the age old question…
“Could it really be that easy?

and the answer is yes! (kinda)…

5 pin din midi in is working as expected.
5 pin din midi out only responds to input from the nts-1’s ribbon keyboard for now (not ideal, but it’s a start!!!)

To be continued…. (Once I figure out how to rig the midi out as midi thru :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

16 Likes

didn’t know this so thanks, I see that plugin boutiques is cheaper than from sinevibes themselves - anyone know if it is a legit website, or any other reason why I shouldn’t get it from them?

pluginboutique is totally legit.

2 Likes