Korg Nu:Tekt DIY Synth kit

I gotchu. It’s quick and only using the cheapest of yamaha keyboards for a voice to filter, but I ran through all 4 filter types for an idea of what they can do. Let me know if you want to hear something more specific.

2 Likes

a few new sloppy demos of the Droplet FX.

5 Likes

Any tips for high quality and “short” (under 1m) minijack - to - L/R 6.3 mm TRS cables for the Nu:Tek? Preferably from EU shops?

I have a couple of these. Look re-assuringly robust, haven’t had them long though. You may need to search for an EU supplier.

Thanks - specified now - I’m looking to convert from 3.5mm stereo plug - to split L/R 6.3mm jacks to connect the Nu:Tekt to my other synths

1 Like

Haven’t tested this one, but should work as expected:

1 Like

this is great, thank you!

1 Like

There’s also this from Hosa:

1 Like

I tried to disable sleep mode but it seemed like it was already off… and it still does it after setting it to off (zero). Is it possible that the setting works the opposite way? has anyone else had this issue?

Are you saving your settings with the arp button before leaving the settings menu?

3 Likes

yeap… I just tried it again, leaving it idle and it went into sleep mode, even though is set up as SLP:0

Oddly enough, my settings menu is missing the lgt and slp settings entirely lol??
…. All other options are there but it goes from stp to CAL…. I had been mistaking stp for slp :man_shrugging:t2:

My new diy battery powered couch synth turned out a little jankier than I’d hoped. Probably just needs more zipties.

4 Likes

Are you on fw 1.20?

2 Likes

Probably not lol. I thought I checked for an update when installing the droplet delay a few days ago but :man_shrugging:t2:. This certainly would make the most sense.

Edit: just checked, I was on 1.03. Gracias.

2 Likes

I think the same exact thing happened to me, duh!
I’ll update tomorrow, thanks!

EDIT: that was it, I was on 1.03… I think I misremembered updating it, probably confused with the recent MicroFreak update I did :older_adult:

1 Like

If it can be useful to some people here, I’ve published instructions on how to add an internal battery to the NTS1 :slight_smile:

Now I just need a simple and portable way to dump/restore patches, to make it the ultimate portable synth!

3 Likes

Just discovered Carp, a web-based sequencer for the NTS-1 (which I still don’t have…):

https://schollz.github.io/carp/

4 Likes

Nice find, thanks.

1 Like

Hi, I’m new here. Just treated myself to this little magic box. I got a USB midi keyboard working with a decent editor available for about 6 quid. https://korg-nts-1-editor-soundbank.jimdofree.com/ I’t’s a stand alone app for editing and storing patches as SYX files. It comes with VST plugins for your DAW too. I think I’ts nice.

1 Like