Introducing Octatrack MKII

**We're excited to announce [Octatrack MKII](http://www.elektron.se/octatrack-mkII), the successor to our highly influential performance sampler Octatrack.** Octatrack MKII is an eight track performance sampler and sequencer, designed for both live performers and studio producers. Thanks to its clever combination of internal tracks, MIDI tracks and in- and outputs, it is perfect as the centre piece in any rig. The sample engine, which features time-stretch and pitch-shift in real time, is capable of radically transforming and reshaping samples in an instant. The new high quality back-lit buttons, paired with the hi-res encoders and the professional contactless crossfader, ensure operational reliability in the most demanding environments. The ultra crisp OLED screen and an increased count of dedicated buttons, each with a distinct purpose, contribute to the improved MKII user experience. **Octatrack MKII specifications** * 8 stereo audio tracks * 8 dedicated MIDI tracks * Instant stereo sampling * Real time sample time-stretch & pitch-shift * 2 × insert FX per audio track * 3 × LFO per track * Live friendly Elektron sequencer * Contactless performance crossfader * 1 × ¼” headphones output * 2 × ¼” impedance balanced main output * 2 × ¼” impedance balanced cue output * 4 × ¼” balanced external input * 1 × USB 2.0 High Speed port * MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports * Ultra crisp 128 × 64 OLED screen * Precise hi-res encoders * Durable back-lit buttons rated for 50 million presses * W340 × D185 × H63 mm (8.5 × 7.2 × 2.5″) including knobs and rubber feet * Weight approx. 2.3 kg (5 lbs) * Fully compatible with Octatrack MKI projects/data **Pricing & availability** Octatrack MKII will be €1449/$1349. Shipping starts in August. [Visit Elektron.se for more information](http://www.elektron.se/octatrack-mkII)
10 Likes

And we’re off and racing

3 Likes

Erection time

3 Likes

Hooray !!!

F#ck me sideways.

2 Likes

Looks like OB is missing. Thought that may be a big ask

2 Likes

Its the octa we know in a new dress. New screen, buttons, encoders and audio connections. Everything else is the same.

Or am I missing something?

5 Likes

my words, I eat them. Looks super sick!

8 Likes

Yes, seems that’s it.

Crisp OLED screen providing optimal feedback in dimly lit environments
Ultra durable back-lit buttons. Rated for 50 million presses
Contactless silky smooth performance crossfader
Precise, hi-res encoders
Increased amount of dedicated buttons enabling quicker workflow
Balanced audio inputs facilitating a hum free signal flow

Battleship grey looks nice!

2 Likes

It is very attractive.
And I just bought a DT.
Which I have been enjoying a lot.
Um.

1 Like

Yes, no stress then. Phew.

It does, but based on the spec sheet it doesn’t seem to do anything that MK1 doesn’t. I wonder whether it’ll have more headroom for future improvements, e.g. conditional trigs and such.

2 Likes

Seems safe to assume the other black boxes will be revamped as well at some point.

7 Likes

It looks like all the ports is on the exact same spots as original octa. Its still CF card even. So I guess everything else would be the same?

I think I just shit myself. If it’s more or less the same as the original but includes the probability sequencer, then I’ll be getting it.

2 Likes

So is it purely just hardware revision? Guess so if it’s fully compatible with OG OT projects. I guess no DT sound engine/filter/distortion/pitch algo? Trig conditions?

Guess it still at least has arpeggio on midi tracks and tempo per track to accommodate OG projects?

Still no 8 separate outputs. Surely that was a no-brainer if updating the hardware. Massive fail… Literally just a face-lift (and I guess OB?). Ugh… Guess this means no legit OT2 for f&#king ages now too :frowning:

Elektron kinda asking for another company to come and whoop their ass with these recent product spec/feature decisions…

6 Likes

It is MK2 not OT2. Big difference.

14 Likes

analog drice style, long campaing.

Throw in another release as a thankyou

pretty much… Rytm with better pads would be great!

but yeah… could be that it’s gonna be a similar situation as with A4 initially… major software updates at a later point.

2 Likes