Octatrack 2?

:+1:

1 Like

Just a ADAT more output possibilty, and everything is alll good. please :stuck_out_tongue:

[ul]
[li]the same layout but 16 audio tracks + 8 midi (switchable just like the MIDI button today) [/li]
[li]send/return effect tracks[/li]
[li]more flexible FX - for example filter, delay and reverb on each tracks[/li]
[li]polyphony on tracks[/li]
[li]more then 16 scenes per part or at least dedicated global scenes for master track[/li]
[li]more knobs :slight_smile: [/li]
[li]performance macros[/li]
[li]more external inputs[/li]
[li]USB host mode for external controllers[/li]
[li]1024 or more slots or just remove slots and parts altogether[/li]
[li]more patterns per project, lets just keep one big live project with multiple ‘songs’ available all the time[/li]
[li]being able to loop longer loops then 64 steps[/li]
[li]more memory for recorders or record straight to the SD/CF card[/li]
[li]probability locks[/li]
[li]quick store a track output to the file (like freeze/flatten in Ableton)[/li]
[/ul]

Elektron, you can do it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone else here think that Roland’s Toraiz SP-16 release might force Elektron’s hand toward pushing out an Octatrack Mk2? Perhaps even hone it to be more focused and user friendly (and therefore slightly less deep)?

Someone told me the Octatrack is actually selling quite well. I was very happy, and a bit surprised actually, to hear that. It shows me that a lot of musicians are at least not afraid of the techy stuff, which is great!

I too think it’s pretty darn great the way it is, but would appreciate bug fixes and an extended support for controlling all of the Octatrack from external controllers. Imagine to hook up some pads to play MPC style slices on one track, some other pads dedicated for playing another track chromatically etc. To maximise the live aspect of the Octatrack.

For a whole new sampler/ MIDI machine though, instead of making it deeper, I’d urge them to look the other direction. The OP-1 is great example of how to be playful and direct. You can get going very quickly. Ableton, Push, Machine too… they’re all very very strong when it comes to samples…

To make a next generation sampler I’d advice Elektron to really treat it as a sampler Instrument. Think about what’s so fun with treating samples, lofi granular, advanced granular, auto tuning, pitch shifting, vocoder inputs, voice manipulation… New acoustic sounding effects to treat samples in a more acoustic sounding way… And a dead on looper with sequencer must be there, and work really well, but more free… Like a Void’s Strom or something…

… Running out of laptop battery… oops…

A “hexadecatrack” would be badass!

A “hexadecatrack” would be badass![/quote]
Pioneer Toraiz will also have 16 tracks.
With OT + TM-2 I have 10 audio tracks (plus one recorder and master) and I’m quite happy with that. 8 is not enough unless you squeeze all drums into single track.

1 Like

I don’t think so personally, at least it doesn’t seem like the direction Elektron typically goes (simpler).

Sorry to derail the thread a little, but what do you mean by this? I’m considering picking up an OT and as I’m here debating this pricked my ears. Isn’t is as simple as recording the 4 outs (using two cues as outputs?)

Sorry to derail the thread a little, but what do you mean by this? I’m considering picking up an OT and as I’m here debating this pricked my ears. Isn’t is as simple as recording the 4 outs (using two cues as outputs?) [/quote]
Yes, but you still have to manually trim the loops in your DAW and make sure the tempo’s correct, etc in order to line things up. There’s no ‘export as WAV’ option for patterns or songs, either for individual tracks or as a whole. These options would be very useful to create perfect loops to be dropped into your DAW.

I love the Elektron boxes, but after a while I cant help but noticing some of the strange decisions or things that just got missed.

I’d love to see a new OT, or even something quite different but inspired by the OT. I agree with a few others, simpler would be nice, or no fuss, FAST interfacing would be nice.

In a lot of ways I wish the AR was just capable of recording to pads, by either pressing one, some midi message, or a footpedal.
Then maybe a few slice/trim params.

Sorry to derail the thread a little, but what do you mean by this? I’m considering picking up an OT and as I’m here debating this pricked my ears. Isn’t is as simple as recording the 4 outs (using two cues as outputs?) [/quote]
Yeah you can record 4 tracks like that, but if you have 8 tracks in a song then you’re kind of screwed/looking at workarounds if you want to jam a load of spontaneous Scene fader stuff whilst recording stems in realtime. You’ll need to record 2 passes of 4 tracks in order to get 8 stems, and Chances are that you won’t make all the same moves in the same places on both passes. In reality it’s maybe not that big a deal though. Maybe even lead to some happy accidents…

:+1:
Would be great if such OT v2 was a collaboration between Elektron and Teenage Engineering.
I feel like both firms have to learn from each other.
Maybe SSD extension for static samples + direct recording to SSD drive could be great as well, to turn the OT into a sampling mixer…

1 Like

Oh yes your ideas are genius. I would love to have MPC pads as well, like on the Analog Rytm and maybe some more fx and polyphony would be great. :+1:

1 Like

A simpler sampling process especially for live Input sampling during other tracks are playing. The OP-1 has shown how that works.

More effects like vocoding,…

Overdrive Integration

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Anyone want an OT 2 with an internal SSD drive, OLED screen?

Octa 2 (!) When???..?

I’m a huge Elektron fan boy, I wear their shirts at least once a week and haven’t made a track without using one of their products in who knows how long. That said, an Octatrack 2 without Overbridge??? No thanks

Sorry this was just a criticism post, but hopefully they will get the picture that almost all of us want this feature. I understood not implementing it on the first one, but you bring a whole new improved version to the table and don’t give the main feature people are asking for? That said, when my old one breaks yes I’ll still buy the mkii because I love the product. Just wish it was Overbridge enabled is all.

1 Like

@Natemasterflex

Welcome to the forum.
Please see the guidelines at https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

Namely:

Keep It Tidy

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.

Thank you.

1 Like

continue the discussion on the main OT MKII thread at Introducing Octatrack MKII