OT TRig Conditions (TRC) thread

i wonder if the Fill options are available with the Trig bonus upgrade for the OT.

That would be way cool, although i thought there was a custom button for the Fill to happen. Anyway if possible, having Fills would be amazing.

1 Like

You already can make “Fills” with one shots and Fn + Yes (Arm All). :wink:

4 Likes

sounds cool … or even just program another pattern for a Fill although it isn’t the same. Crossfading scenes are cool for tweaky funk sections

i watched Secret Music’s tutorial series again, so informational and valuable.

it’ll be the same as per the other boxes, activate using the Page button (bottom right) so it won’t be possible from all modes of the OT (e.g. chromatic etc)

2 Likes

very cool, cheers :slight_smile:
i must say, today is a day of unexpected joy.

2 Likes

bumm’d I sold my OT… back on the bandwagon I goooooooooooo

12 Likes

I think you can transpose from arranger aswell maybe? Dont quote me on that though

Also thankyou elektron! I knew I could trust mark 1 wouldnt be left behind :heart:

I wonder if one-shot trigs will affect things too. What if you had a one-shot trig which utilised the neighbour conditional options? It could potentially change the whole sequence if you set up other trigs to be affected by the one-shot trig as a neighbour. Effectively you could have an A and B state for a sequence (or get even more complicated than that), based on the positioning, condition settings and arm status of one-shot trigs.

Behold :elot: TRC UI Saviour

@data-purge :thup:

4 Likes

sheeeeeeee just realized… OT SONG MODE + conditrigs = ???

Good times ahead for tracker enthusiasts surely!

1 Like

That sounds interesting. do you mind going into detail about your thoughts?

Well, since you can iterate sections of a pattern in the song mode, throwing in conditional trigs into the mix will go even beyond the usual tracker paradigms.

You know how in trackers, one can build intricate looping subsections inside a pattern, and have those iterate for X times? Now, even more trickery will be possible when combining these iterat ive processes.

I’m not a tracker enthusiast myself but know some people who would love this to bits!

1 Like

Imagine someone like Strobe with an OT…

3 Likes

:scream::scream::grin: this is a great news! i hope it won’t bring any new issue in the OS though… :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

:rolling_eyes:

but yeh this is awesome… it helps me quite a bit

And do we know when it will be out? If memory serves the previous firmwares have appeared out of the blue.

Just a thought : with TRC, do we need one shots anymore ?

For a long sample :
1ST
is true the first pattern cycle (until the pattern has looped). 1ST is true when 1ST is not.
A:B
will be true on the A:th pattern iteration, then true again after B iterations, repeating indefinitely

For Fills
FILL is only true (will activate the note trig) when fill mode is active

Maybe one shots can be used as
Fills with X% :loopy:
X% is a probability condition. There is an x% chance of it being true

You can transpose from arranger, I’m just wishing for a convenient way to transpose MIDI tracks in teal time from an external keyboard and from everything I’ve been able to find on here and elsewhere, nobody has found a good way to do that. Not the end of the world to not have it but it would be a really useful feature.

1 Like