Elk-Herd 3.1 beta for Digitakt OS 1.40

➩ There is now a beta version of elk-herd that partially supports Digitakt OS 1.40.

Supported

• Patterns, Sample Pool, and Sound Pool will now transfer and can be managed as they have in elk-herd before.

Unsupported

• Song Mode data is not transferred or saved with the project files
  • Songs will not be “fixed up” when patterns are moved around

This is Beta software!

Please be cautious:

1. Make a copy of your project on the Digitakt before you use elk-herd to edit it. On the Digitakt, use: :gear: (Setting) > Project > Save Project As

2. After you Fetch Project, please immediately Save File, and label it as “before editing”.

3. After you are done editing, before you Send Project back to the Digitakt, use Save File again, and label it “after editing”.

If you notice anything gone wrong, you’ll have the saved project on your Digitakt for backup. Please let me know what went wrong, and send me the two saved files (before and after editing).

Did you read that above?

Okay, the beta version is here:

https://electric.kitchen/crunch/beta31/elk-herd/

Report problems and successes here!

Thanks,
— Mark

50 Likes

thank you for your work :slight_smile:

You are so awesome.
Thank you thank you thank you!

For anybody who wants to support him and his work, we can donate here:

I’m going to drop you something there now;)

3 Likes

Is there a downloadable version of this?

Yep -

https://electric.kitchen/crunch/beta31/elk-herd-live.tgz

Download that, unpack it, then open the file index.html in Chrome.

10 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work over the years, and for keeping it up to date.

So useful, and particularly invaluable for organizing live sets.

Thank you @mzero for your hard work.

I tested it and experience some issues. Where should I report them? here in this thread? or direct to you?

Thanks in advance.

Best Greetings
Bjoern
(C0DE8)

Where should I report them? here in this thread? or direct to you?

Report problems and successes here!

2 Likes

oh! :flushed:

…anyone who can read has a clear advantage. :relaxed:

THX

2 Likes

I’ve Firmware 1.40A, connected via USB (original cable) to a Macbook Pro 2017 with MacOS Catalina (10.15) via an passive 4 port USB3 Hub.

• Digitakt has been found and samples page loaded correctly
  • change to project
  • fetch current project: ok
  • save to local (before)
  • change pattern (B1P1) name (from “Untitled” to Test")
  • save to local (after)
  • send project to Digitakt (progressbar form 0 to 100%)
  • pattern name does not change

The same, but with a PC with Windows 10 Pro (1909), on an active 8 port USB3 hub, works fine.

Could this be the connection? the passive USB3 hub on the MacBook Pro?

THX

Same process works on PC - but not MacOS? Can’t be the connection at all… but could be the version of Chrome? Or could be a Digitakt/Computer timing issue with screen updates… Please DM me the two save files!

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this! Thanks a lot man!

If you can figure out a way to intercept CTRL+R which I just accidentally pressed to rename something, that would be good… :laughing:

i’m going to hazard a guess this is going to be broken by 1.5 isn’t it…

going to have to get better at moving patterns economically!

3 Likes

Think so was just doing the whole arranging sets for a gig updated and now is not work for elk me :stuck_out_tongue:

@mzero, here we go again :slight_smile:
With DT 1.50 out and not being compatible with the last ElkHerd - do you think you can fix this again?
Cheers!

8 Likes

This is software is so impressive, especially how it runs so efficiency in a browser.
I’m a new Digitakt owner and got noob stress when the ‘Fetch Project’ didn’t work, but realised it’s probably because Elk Herd doesn’t yet support OS 1.50.
But i love what I’ve seen so far and will be waiting patiently for updates.
Cheers fella!
PS Beer bought!

4 Likes

I didn’t check whether it works with 1.50, but I feel for him. While for us, simple users, the updates a blessing, they must be a nightmare for him. Elektron should pay him a fortune. :slight_smile: I will definitely pay for the updates from now on. I might have before, but not shure, but I will for sure as from now. Nothing but respect !

8 Likes

I really need another way to import a bank from one project to the other. How does elk herd work? I have two weeks and 2 digitakts, Pen paper + sample + copy pattern x16x8 maybe it wont take as long if I just do it.

It works really well. But make sure you are not on OS 1.50 when trying to use it as that won’t work :slight_smile:

3 Likes