Elk-Herd 3.1 beta for Digitakt OS 1.40

But how does elk herd actually work behind the scenes of his lovely web Gui, I know how to use it but I have already updated to 1.50 and worked with the new machines so I’m guessing downgrading is not an option. If I want keep my new edits. Thanks

INdeed. Ya can’t load projects saved in a newer OS with older OS.

I downgraded to get all my grooves into one project and then upgraded again. That can work as long as you load only projects saved in a the previous OS or older.

How elk herd works in terms of code is betond me. Only @mzero would be able to shed a light on that,

1 Like

This would be cool like. Couldn’t see mine working that way because I went to town on everything and I have 2 digitakts. Absolute legend. Potentially just be a copy paste and load sample banks and reroute the samples if I have no samp/slot changes. 16x8 x 2digitakts lol my wrist hurts thinking about it.

Been there :wink: Writing all samples down, going through all sample locks. It’s hell.
If possible I’d just stick with what you got now. Use the two weeks to write new material, and wait for hopefully an update to elk-herd within a few months :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is Elk-Herd 3.1 beta working ok with OS 1.40B or should it only be OS1.40 ? (don’t care about song mode)

works fine for me (1.4B)

2 Likes

rad! good to know :+1:

@mzero What do you need so that your software runs with the current 1,50 operating system? It’s a great tool!
My Digitakt feels so broken right now without elk-herd. :wink:

2 Likes

Decoded sysex would probably help a lot, nothing is documented.

So I would love to support @mzero for an update to 1.50. I would have no problem paying like $20 or whatever he would seem fit to pay him to do updates to it. I of course would want to know if he would even like to do it first, but if everyone that uses it or wants an upgrade paid it might cover his time.
I guess I just need patterns,samples,sounds and projects. Idk if incorporating the song mode is too much to tackle?

13 Likes

plenty would. 20 is a steal.
i say bugger the song mode if it’s too complex for now and option to leave out.

1 Like

Happy to pay for a 1.5 update as well.

3 Likes

done the gig it was great all new stuff haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you use elk herd with 1.50 just to display all pattern names? I primarily use it to have an overall glimpse of patterns and samples. If this is possible I could go ahead and update

Do you know when/if it will be available for version 1.5?
Because if not, I’ll probably downgrade to 1.40.

Sample Browser loads for me, but projects don’t :confused:

posting the current beta link here (as it took me while to find!)

https://electric.kitchen/crunch/beta31/elk-herd/

1 Like

I’ve just rearranged a new set (note : i do not use song mode).
and can confirm its working with OT 1.4B :slight_smile:

@mzero would you be open to open sourcing the codebase? Or going commercial? Either way I think a lot of folks would happily pay for this tool, me included. In retrospect I would not have upgraded to 1.50 haha! Not you fault thought. I might have to start learning how to program sysex soon…

Open source is mentioned in the roadmap

1 Like

Cool thanks for pointing that out, I missed that part.