Digitone feature requests!

Seconding the calls for p-locking the arp.

Even just being able to p-lock the arp on/off state would be amazing (… as long as the arp settings for the sound stayed intact when turning it off).

Feature request: arp on-off p-lockable.

This could cover the roll/retrig use case. And also it’s just a lot of fun.

I’ve been using a quick arp on a short trig with chords to play harp/guitar-like broken chords for a strummed/plucked effect, and to be able to opt in/out of that per step would be glorious.

10 Likes

Yeah, even a SID mode like on the Monomachine, where it doesn’t trigger if only one note is entered on the step would be very useful.

Yeah, they’re so close at the moment with the ratio offsets; I’d love to see them implement full scala tuning support… not that I really do any microtonal stuff, but it’d be fun to play around with!

3 Likes

Have you messed around with the ratio offsets? I think those are great for getting out of strict semitones. It doesn’t make EDO tunings or Alpha tunings easy but it does make them possible.

AFAIK, the ratio offset page affects the operators and not the carriers. That means that if there’s any modulation going on, and you’re tweaking one of the offsets, you’re changing the sound, not the pitch. I haven’t tried it yet, but maybe it could work if you set all 4 ratio offsets to the exact same value.

Of course, if you’re only using the C operator and not modulating it at all, or the standalone B operator in algorithm 8, then the ratio offset could act as a fine tune knob. That limits what sort of sounds you can easily p-lock microtuning for.

There is a “pitch all” LFO destination, and thats the thing I want a separate knob for =D

1 Like

Well one of the operators IS the carrier :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, so you adjust C and you are fine tuning it’s relation to the master pitch, give it a try.

Agreed, this isn’t the most efficient way of you want to be precise, but it’s not hard to get close to just intonation and is easy to sound casually microtonal.

Mostly I just want to see what you can do with offsets.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this has been mentioned before. But I would love pulsewidth adjustment on the LFO waveshapes.

1 Like

Bitcrusher is soo easy to implement. Should be an easy addition.

2 Likes
  • MPE support (I own a Linnstrument and the DN is amazing with it, currently a pain to configure minimal support)
  • bitcrusher, lo-fi filter, or similar FX
  • ability to modulate FX params from LFOs
  • extra LFOs to modulate synth params (single-shot mode would act like an envelope)
  • random ARP

Edit

• Fixed frequency option for operators
5 Likes

Well, the kit-per-pattern structure is nice when you don’t use the sequencer and play it as a synth with an external keyboard. That way you can instantly change between many banks each containing 4 sounds of your choice, which I like. If it where to change, I would like to have this structure kept as an option at least :slight_smile:

I know it’s already been mentioned but I’m really missing a Random Arp. I’d forgotten how much use I made of it on the A4. Of course, arp on the midi tracks would very useful too.

8 Likes

Quickly! The class compliant usb audio for the DN too!

7 Likes

Multi-channel please!

2 Likes

What i would really like (and i think is not difficultt to impliment) is an additional 2nd page for mapping cc controls on the midi chanels ( so basically you would be able to map 16 parameters instead of 8 ) and you could simply access that 2nd page by pressing the button a second time. And of course i would like to have an ability to “portamento” plocks from one to the other , so that the changes are gradual and not quantised.

3 Likes

Voice Pan Spread.
Automatically spreading/panning each voice by an equal adjustable amount left and right.
Not having to use an LFO for this would be very helpful. (Actually it’s not possible to spread each voice by an equal amount to each opposite side when using an LFO)

2 Likes

Hi Soarer,

I don’t know exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but in unison mode you can spread the voices.
Unfortunately you lose one voice.

Kind regards, Sander

Right. Unison mode doubles each note and spreads it left and right simultaneously.
Voice Pan Spread still uses only one voice per note and then spreads each individual note oppositely.

From the DSI OB-6 manual:
“Pan Spread pans audio in the stereo field individually per voice. Set to 0, all voices are panned to the center. As you turn the pan spread knob up, the audio in each voice is gradually moved away from the center by greater amounts. Every other voice goes in a different direction, left or right. This creates a broader stereo field while playing.”

2 Likes

Would be great!

1 Like

I would really like Elektron to include the standard MIDI CC “All Notes Off” to the Digitone, to fix this hanging note issue when Digitone is sequenced by an external sequencer :

For now, I can’t use the Digitone as a synth module, like my other synths.

6 Likes

Then open a support ticket. I have no such problem at all.

Already did it days ago. No reply from Elektron.

You don’t have this problem when you mute a sequence from a external sequencer like on my video ? Which sequencer do you use please ?