Digitone feature requests!

Isn’t that what the sound pool is for?

Not really; soundpool is for sounds you plan to swap in a pattern.

A favorite set would be for sure more than 128 patches; especially when you have all banks except H full with different style of presets.

1 Like

You could add the Favourite tag and sort by it.

9 Likes

I just want to add patches to the sound pool from the pattern!

1 Like

that may be a solution, but takes space adding a new tag; it is not like the Digitone has a widescreen aspect ratio

This!

I tend to make sounds on the fly from init patches. Getting them saved and usable quickly from within the current pattern is not possible (or I’m missing something).

1 Like

From all I’ve heard you need to re-save the patches, then manually re-add them. This design makes a lot more sense with samples, but perhaps someone’s figured it out better with the A4?

Hello! Pls. ask the developers to add USB Host functionality to Digitone by updating firmware without adding a physical usb-host port like the developer of Synthstrom Deluge did with v.3 firmware update and they have now USB-b to USB-b cable to connect to usb midi keyboard.

Deluge firmware V3.0.0 is released… USB host mode for MIDI devices

USB Type B-Male to B-Male 1.8m Cable

This is a rare cable and means you’ll be able to use USB devices with a typical USB-B output with the Deluges USB-B input, as will be possible with some devices and the MIDI host support in the 3.0 firmware update.

9 Likes

That would be awesome :ok_hand:

Because DIGITONE is not just another synth but is a :
-FM SYNTH
-FX BOX
-STEP SEQUENCER FOR OTHER SYNTHS AND DAW
-BUT FURTHERMORE DIGITONE IS A FORMIDABLE DRUM MASCHINE

I have a just one request , please Elektron implement Digitone with step retrig to do so drum rolls, so to use its drum Maschine capabilities in full potential but also handy when triggering Daw etc .

Thnx

8 Likes

Working with my DN again a few days ago after a bit of a vacation from it and I forgot how absolutely infuriating it is to not have sounds linked between patterns. I made all these live tweaks while jamming out to the 4 tracks and then switched patterns and BAM it goes back to the original sound, throwing off the whole game. I get that some people don’t like the A4 method of kits, but for the love of cheezus, please at least give us the option to have them linked. Hell, y’all kind of had that on the MachineDrum, why not on the Digitone!?

7 Likes

Calling it a Daw is a slight overstatement :smile:

You are not alone.

1 Like

I m not calling digitone a DAW , with Digitone i control the DAW (logic pro ) while sequencing my Matrix1000 and FB01 contemporary creating drum paterns on Digitone… etc etc

3 Likes

Well, as mentioned you are not alone.
My workaround:
I forget sequencing on the digitone and use it as multitimbral, polyphonic synth. And sequence it with another box, and use the pattern on the digitone as kit…

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve gotta say, I’ve been playing with the monomachine again lately, and being able to use the same kit across multiple patterns is very nice. I don’t see the DN’s kit-per-pattern structure ever changing though.

2 Likes

I actually sold all my other hardware sequencers. I do have the iPad and my computer, but sometimes I just wanna rock out on my DN and not worry about other gear. Plus, the DN allows for easier plocking.

Chord Mode for Diads / Intervals.

3 Likes

Scale filter mode.

The step 9 stays a C but isn’t lit up if it is not in the chosen scale.

Elektron, if you do this I’ll bring your croissants in person straight up to your headquarter one morning :croissant:.

3 Likes

Fine tune knob.

It’s possible to fine tune by using an LFO, but it would be nice to do microtuning per without having to use one of the two LFOs available.

4 Likes