Digitone feature requests!

What i would really like (and i think is not difficultt to impliment) is an additional 2nd page for mapping cc controls on the midi chanels ( so basically you would be able to map 16 parameters instead of 8 ) and you could simply access that 2nd page by pressing the button a second time. And of course i would like to have an ability to “portamento” plocks from one to the other , so that the changes are gradual and not quantised.

3 Likes

Voice Pan Spread.
Automatically spreading/panning each voice by an equal adjustable amount left and right.
Not having to use an LFO for this would be very helpful. (Actually it’s not possible to spread each voice by an equal amount to each opposite side when using an LFO)

2 Likes

Hi Soarer,

I don’t know exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but in unison mode you can spread the voices.
Unfortunately you lose one voice.

Kind regards, Sander

Right. Unison mode doubles each note and spreads it left and right simultaneously.
Voice Pan Spread still uses only one voice per note and then spreads each individual note oppositely.

From the DSI OB-6 manual:
“Pan Spread pans audio in the stereo field individually per voice. Set to 0, all voices are panned to the center. As you turn the pan spread knob up, the audio in each voice is gradually moved away from the center by greater amounts. Every other voice goes in a different direction, left or right. This creates a broader stereo field while playing.”

2 Likes

Would be great!

1 Like

I would really like Elektron to include the standard MIDI CC “All Notes Off” to the Digitone, to fix this hanging note issue when Digitone is sequenced by an external sequencer :

For now, I can’t use the Digitone as a synth module, like my other synths.

6 Likes

Then open a support ticket. I have no such problem at all.

Already did it days ago. No reply from Elektron.

You don’t have this problem when you mute a sequence from a external sequencer like on my video ? Which sequencer do you use please ?

Then you’re probably right - sorry didn’t read probably. I only use DN’s sequencer.

Oh, okay.
No problem.

I just found out the Digitone filters out modwheel, aftertouch and pitchbend from its midi out, making it pointless as a thru…
So, I’d request that it learn from its bigger brother the OT and stop that!

12 Likes

External transpose like the analog four. :sob:

6 Likes

I would be SUPER HAPPY, if they could also follow each other, when transposing.

Currently trying to transpose both at the same time is impossible. Especially as Digitones +- transposing is almost impossible to do in the heat of the night on its own, let alone trying to transpose A4 while at it.

Transpose parameter lock.

They could also emphasis the ’Tone’ part of the Digitone by introducing VA oscillators and new filters, and reignite the sales of this thing!

2 Likes

Yeah you could do a lot more if it could follow the the A4 transpose or transpose it differently while staying in key. How good would that be!
It gained all the good multimap features except that

1 Like

External transpose like the A4

5 Likes

I’d like to have a “isolate” flag for the external inputs, so that they remain at a fixed value throughout the patterns. Per-pattern input levels and pan are a pita, especially when it’s so difficult to dial in a precise value…

Also, a global “isolate” flag would be super cool. If set, the flag tells the DT “don’t change any parameters when switching to this pattern”.

Ideally we would have both because they serve different purposes.

7 Likes

I’d like to have the sound in the pool linked to it’s source sound in the +drive. Unless I missed something, when I modify a sound and save (overwrite) it to the +drive, the instance that’s in the pool isn’t updated. I understand the design choice of sounds linked to the pattern (but would like to “isolate” them (see above post)) but I am not very comfortable with the fact that a sound in the pool becomes an independant entity with the same name.

1 Like

Another vote for this, on trying to build a multi-pattern song this is nerve-wrecking!

I think it would be nice to be able toggle the trig “keyboard” lights off.
in a dark room…they are really bright. :laughing:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I already use MIDI cables, but thanks for your help.