Digitone / Digitone Keys: bug reports

Last firmware (https://www.elektron.se/support/?connection=digitone#updates).
The manual can be found here.

Remember to back up before upgrading and even load a new empty project to avoid any damage to your current project.
And avoid upgrading before a gig. :tongue:

You encountered something wrong in this OS and want to check if others can replicate it ?
Here is the place.

Doesn’t replace a support ticket, of course, but you might want to check if it’s not a feature before declaring a bug :wink:

Please report all bugs via the Support Tickets section on elektron.se if they have not already been confirmed below.

1 Like

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digitone-and-digitone-keys-1-32/167380/211

can confirm … there’s something strange - sometimes it sticks at one value even though I’m moving further - only track 1

3 Likes

Pattern Volume audio is not properly recalled at patttern reload even though the (virtual) fader jumps back to the saved value. I think it could be useful in connection to Global Overdrive since you may want to lower the Patttern volume in order to maintain same volume - so if you switch pattern the patthern volume stays at the same level i.e. becomes global.

Sub page is remembered in Settings menu (very helpful since you can check and uncheck global FX) but still not remembered in Setup menu which is something a number of us have requested. (Not talking about Parameter Sub pages here).

2 Likes

I noticed this as well. If you turn the knob really slowly, the value doesn’t increase and sometimes even decrease… to make it work you need to go faster, but then it’s not as precise.
It can not be a knob issue as it works well on other pages + my digitone is 3 days old.

Controlling parameters with a MIDI controller seems to be a bit messed up when using the new Global mode.

For example, I can use 4 faders on my Faderfox UC4 to control track volumes (with Global unchecked for mixer), but as soon as I check the box for Global mixer control, the Digitone stops responding to the faders.

There are also some curious glitches while controlling FX via MIDI.
I have an encoder set for Delay Time (works fine with Global off).
With Global checked, the parameter responds far too quickly and actually cycles round from max to min.
Curiously, delay filter width responds perfectly fine in Global mode.

Anyone else encountered this yet?

I’ve only had time for a brief play so far. I’m going to try to make time for a bit more testing tomorrow and submit a bug report to Elektron.

I’m using a Digitone Keys.

I’ve noticed 3 potential bugs already, this is pretty disappointing:

• Mixer page - Trk1 level slow increment issue as mentioned above: slowly turning the encoder doesn’t change the value.
  • Mixer page - Pressing encoder + [No] for track level doesn’t return value to 100 for tracks 2,3 and 4. Only for Trk 1. edit: only the active track
  • Display no longer sleeps when I keep the DN turned on.*
    *Edit: after factory reset and power cycle, the DN does in fact put the display to sleep after approx 60min.
1 Like

I was having issues with the knob movements tracking properly. There was a very noticeable delay from when I turned the knob to when the actual parameter changed on the screen/audibly. I was connected via the new overbridge running as a vst2 in ableton 11. If I rebooted the digitone it would go away for a while but kept coming back.

oh no… confirmed… aaaahhhh :sweat_smile:

1 Like

only for track 4 here :sweat_smile:

Perhaps it has something to do with the currently active track ?

1 Like

indeed!

Confirmed.
Pressing the encoder + [No] to reset the mixer level value only works for the currently active track.

The display not sleeping is pretty big for me. I leave my stuff on for days.

5 Likes

There’s like a bug for the Track 1 in the Mixer page.
The value of 100 is really hard to approach, it slows down toward 90 and needs a fast twist to start changing the value again.

It is not an encoder issue, the problem happens only here.

Edit: if you look at the chronology of this message, it’s’like time travelling :wink:

3 Likes

Hi all,
Ive just installed the update and tried to use separate input with different fx setting. On the left side I route mono out from my mks-50 to input left, and se-02 to input right. The problem occurs when I solo the mks, and when I do this I cant hear any fx triggering. When i trigger input right the fx is on again. Ive tried different things, like that dual switch, but no fx triggered, just sound on left side.

Any Ideas?

Cheers
Per

I noticed this as well. If you turn the knob really slowly, the value doesn’t increase and sometimes even decrease… to make it work you need to go faster, but then it’s not as precise.
It can not be a knob issue as it works well on other pages + my digitone is 3 days old.

Can confirm. Trk 1 level value cannot be slowly set using the encoder, only fast increments seem to register.
Also: pressing the encoder and [No] only resets the value on track 1, doesn’t seem to work on tracks 2-4.
edit: only active track

Also: the display no longer goes to sleep when I leave the DN (and DT) turned on.

Same - Track 1 level and not going to sleep. I’m on the Digitone Keys.

Not able to replicate the display sleep bug on this end. I’m on Keys as well. Might be dependent on another setting?

Mine is going to sleep. I don’t remember if there’s any option about it in the settings of the DN.

1 Like