Digitone and Digitone Keys 1.32

I gotta say i’m pretty underwhelmed with this update. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate any update. And i understand they are basically giving this away for free and it takes a lot of work to produce these things. But given what we got with the DT, which to me completely changed the way i use the thing, this is just, well, underwhelming. Basically bringing things up to par. Was really hoping for a midi arp or possible the ability to have the midi tracks affect the audio tracks internal without a midi loopback. Also just the ability to be able to turn the arp on and off via plock would be great but also be able to plock the entire arp menu would completely change the way i look at this thing.

7 Likes

I don’t. But I’m in dev too. You don’t need an army of coders to do those kind of things. In fact, you’d be wise not to, but just bring in one or two ninjas and let them get to work.

So either Elektron’s got something new coming, or they’re really bad at scheduling.

I’m prepared to believe both statements are equally true :slight_smile:

9 Likes

THIS!! Track selection via Midi would be a very nice feature improvement for the midi auto channel

1 Like

i think it’s the cautiousness of elektron. every feature is well thought out before it’s integrated, better less than too much, i guess that’s why elektron products have the value they do.

1 Like

Damn it… my system with Overbridge was working fine till a couple of hours ago with this update… :rage:

So Overbridge Control Panel sees all 3 of my devices online (DN, AR, A4) but only the AR OB sees the device.

I’ve uninstalled OB 3 times now and reinstalled, same thing.

Anyone know what to do?

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.32 : bug reports

Please discuss any bugs or roach-like behaviors here:

4 Likes

They have another box for release

Analog series are here to stay for long time as well as digi series

1 Like

strange…

So it’s not just me! I noticed this earlier and assumed it was a hardware issue. It doesn’t move up in larger increments when pushed at the same time, right?

I guess the development of a platform (whatever it ends up being) is their first priority and we wouldn’t see it for a couple of years because of the whole complexity.

Then there is a firmware for a new box, which should be designed with no blocks for a future support of the mentioned platform. I will understand if current boxes wouldn’t get one — I think most of them are already capped by hardware and firmware limitations. But I can’t see them dropping support for a 1-3 year old hardware because they are a software company now.

And lastly there are firmware updates for existing boxes done by a small team during their “free time”.

With the new hires all three projects could easily take more time than expected.

2 Likes

Did they change something in the reverb sends? Seems a lot softer to my ears than before the update.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think it is.

I am a big fan of using multiple inputs and personally this resolved a lot of my main issues, especially surrounding dedicated FX sends ! :smiley: A super quick overview of how to set up dual mono and global FX / Mixer settings

5 Likes

Hmm, I will not update before Elektron fixes all the bugs. Its seems to be a really buggy one this time.

1 Like

I concur. The only bit that appeals is the dimmable LEDs, but not worth it if it introduces bugs. Happy with my stable Digitone.

Some FM updates would be nice…

5 Likes

Word!

Real fanboys use the update, bugs and all.

6 Likes

lol, using new firmware on non-critical devices in my life is one of the few times i don’t worry too much about risk-aversion.

3 Likes

If i get it correctly, the Drive/Overdrive can be applied twice to audio tracks (per track + Master Overdrive) but can’t be applied independently to an Input?

So there’s no way to have some overdive FX affecting only the Input?