Cyclone TT-606

I guess that can be nice, but handling hh/cymbal mute duties with just the knobs during a liveshow with a PA is not sometthing I look forward to again if I can help it lol

One flick of the wrist too far and you blow up everyones ears with those cymbals… :evil:

12 posts were split to a new topic: More bickering

I’ve grown fond of the TT-606’s peculiar appearance now. I like how it separates those who care more about looking at their gear from those who care more about using it.

There’s a gate/mute for each instrument. I guess you’d maybe need a controller that has a hold function. I actually never use midi controllers, so I don’t know much about setting them up.

2 Likes

Man, this thing has so many features I haven’t even touched yet. Every time I browse through the manual, I’m like “wtf, no way; really?” Then I shake my head in disbelief, smiling, thinking to myself “this thing is way freaking cool.”

2 Likes

That’s good.
It still looks shit to me

I ain’t gonna lie; it ain’t the Mona Lisa. But damn it’s so fun to play with.

3 Likes

Wow, great to see the “nuance” LFO shapes and depths are all CC# controllable.
I think I could spare a few MD MIDI LFOs to randomly adjust the nuance LFO shapes and depths over time to keep the sounds evolving and interesting.

2 Likes

Yeah, for real. I was suprised by a lot of stuff I saw. Look at this; it transmits and recognizes aftertouch & pitch bend. I’m trying to figure what uses aftertouch.

1 Like

Might as well include this one too I guess.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Cyclone TT-78 (CR-78 clone and more)

With such a good MIDI implementation, this is the 606 box to get in 2016 IMO. Dayum

Hmm, i still prefer to have all parameters instantly accessible on the TR8-606.

TT-606 only does one per instrument, afaik.

Between the original, simplistic TR606 and the tweakable TR8, I have all needs covered.

1 Like

It’s great we have options, and can find what we want according to our needs.

2 Likes

TT-606 OH and CY each have two paramaters.
And all instruments have available LFO modulation of their respective parameters.

1 Like

Crucial for me is independent control of tune and decay on the BD… Ofc, if you don’t need those params, you’re fine.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree; it’s nice to have both. I have decay on the 606 & 808 kicks of my Drumatix. The most important thing to me is the sound I guess. I’m really into the sound of the TT-606. I truly value real analog sounds in conjunction with a sequencer that allows for a lot of expressiveness. My ears aren’t like everyone else’s ears, and I recognize as well as respect that.

2 Likes

I’m sitting here at work listening to Paranoid London. I have a lot of love for the OG 606; it’s got that dirty sound. I own the Acidlab Drumatix and TT-606, and I love them both. I love them all. 606 is my favorite sounding drum machine. Just wanted to get that out there. It’s possible to love them all.

1 Like

I’ve played with a lot of TR-606es and they’ve all sounded noticeably different from one another. Especially the hats and cymbal.

Decades of detuning in those cluster OSCs does wonders. I have sample chains from at least 4 different 606es in my Rytm. Plus a Drumatix chain. I think Rytm’s BD Silk, SD Natural, and Metallic CH/OHCY should be considered in the same space as the TR/TT/Drumatix.

Def my favorite sound space as well.

1 Like

I was playing with the Acidlab Drumatix a couple days ago, wondering if I should still keep it now that I have the TT-606. I came to the conclusion that it sounded different enough for me to want to keep it. It’s nice having multiple flavors. I have to be honest; I’d love to have the OG one day as well. 606 sounds always manage to excite me unreasonably.

1 Like