Cyclone TT-78 (CR-78 clone and more)

It’s funny. When I first got the TT-606, I didn’t even look at the manual (per usual). Then I saw that Perfect Circuit Preorder for the TT-78 and lost my shit. When I finally looked at the manual, I realized it was a dual manual for both the TT-606 Drum Drone and the TT-78 Beat Bot; I could’ve lost my shit days earlier had I just glanced at that manual lol. Anyhow, for anyone interested in the Beat Bot (such as I), this will most likely be of great interest.

1 Like

I was HOPING Decay was the BD tone parameter.
Well, great. Time to save some pennies.

1 Like

Anything in there about instrument timbre options for the TT-78? (function + “INST” button 12)

On the TT-606, there are different timbres for Cymbal and Hats.
I wonder if they are the same instruments, or different instruments for TT-78.

Yep. And one thing I haven’t even tried yet is using Nuance on the TT-606 kick. The benefit of the tone parameter being pitch is the possibility of 909-like kicks; am I right or am I right?

Exactly.
Dat Sweep!

Oh man, you gotta take a look at this; there are some major differences between the two.

take

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to post these. That’s very helpful and informative.

So like, on the TT-606, the INST select options for CY and CH/OH make timbre adjustments, but to the “metal beat” part of the sound.

In addition, on the TT-78, the INST select options switches between 2 different instruments within a voice for voices #3, 4, 5 and 9.
Neat how you can put both instrument options on the same track. Sort of like sound locks!

Yeah, that’s freaking wild lol. These things are deceptively complex.

1 Like

And things aren’t a complete UI mess like they are on MFB drum machines.

1 Like

tight machine - sounds great straight out the trap! fun and intuitive sequencer. haven’t read the manual yet, but figured out the basics very quickly.

don’t feel it can compete with the OG 606’s hats tho. for those thinking of selling the original in favour of this, you might want to rethink that idea.

ha, wrong thread. Keep messing with those hats man; you might discover some little suprises

oh yeah, shit. see you over there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is such a boring demo lol, but at least you get to hear some of the sounds.

3 Likes

Man, that kick sounds huge coming out of my system. I definitely dig. Hats and snare are ok; I think I much prefer the TT-606’s. Would like to see if I could tweak them more to my liking.

Here’s a better demo.

1 Like

Well this is much better than their previous video. That flam/roll/accent on the clave is pure funk! And the nuance LFO on the BD decay. Great!
I imagine this thing will sound pretty magical through some saturation.

1 Like

Yeah, that cowbell wouldn’t get much play from me, but I’d go bananas with the clave.

1 Like

I hear you. There might be some CB usability in the upper register. flammed, and rolled, with the level real low. Accents on the clave to make compensate for the low level.

CB tone didn’t seem to do much between 1 o’clock and 5 o’clock, though. :-/

The CR-78 is not a machine I could use in my music.
Reminds me of when I was doing the samba in Rio Brazil at Carnival in '99 though which is good. Jezus what a party!!!

I’m going to want this thing as seasoning for my 606 sounds. I’m probably going to be using this one for sampling most of the time I’m thinking. That kick would be nice live though. A lot of opportunity to get creative with these lego pieces.

1 Like