Cirklon 2 still worth buying now in 2021?

agree in fact that is what I did since I have a lot more Eurorack stuff now than anything else at this point dozens of modules and the vector works great!

Still not decided here, ā€¦ I want a Pulsar a lot more! Maybe I get one and sell it on for 110% to give my Pulsar savings a gentle push :nerd_face: :grin:

1 Like

I am on the wait most for the last two years. Totally worth it.

Another 12 months to go. The closer i get the more everything else seems irrelevant :rofl:

3 Likes

I canā€™t even find the wait list email confirmation.

1 Like

You got any tips for the P3, Iā€™ve got one but can only get simple drum patterns running on my AR.

Type in Cirklon into you email search bar. Thats what i did lol praying for it to be a long time ago.

Iā€™ve done that and also sequentix. I found it a while back but seems to have disappeared. Maybe itā€™s better that wayā€¦.

Can the Criklon do all the tricks the metropolix can do?

1 Like

Found the email. June 2019 I got on the list. Still not quite sure what sets it apart but I guess I have time to figure it out. I like the OT sequencer a lot but am hitting the issue of not being able to copy patterns or do much while itā€™s playing.

2 Likes

Any joy? Thatā€™s a mad amount of time.

I joined the forum and seems they are up to April 2018. Iā€™m going to get a paper round and save ten bob a week. By the time my name comes up Iā€™ll be quids in.

5 Likes

Want to swap places to give you more time to save up. Im October 2019 :slightly_smiling_face:

I couldnā€™t possibly impose.

August 2021 here. If the whole world hasnā€™t combusted before then, I guess Iā€™ll see yā€™all in 2025.

2 Likes

Gosh darned, the Cirklon bug bit me again.
Itā€™s so difficult determining if this would be an absolute overkill for me.
Most of the discussion around it is mostly ā€œis it worth it?ā€ and ā€œyes, it is if you need itā€

It would be cool to hear how getting one has changed your music making.
Has it been the kind of upgrade creatively you had in mind? Even better? How?

Also, are you using it to sequence Elektron gear and if so what are the biggest benefits?

3 Likes

In what way? Enough to buy one that appears on the secondhand market, or enough to send an email to get on the waiting list for a new one?

The thing is, most of the factors involved in whether a Cirklon (or any piece of gear, for that matter) would ā€œchange your music makingā€ are in you and your music, not in the properties of a piece of hardware.

So take a hard look at the Cirklonā€™s features in comparison with other sequencers you might be considering

and consider your needs and what options the Cirklon can provide:

1 Like

Thank you! Believe me I have read those threads but they havenā€™t provided me with the user experience enough for me to make any real conclusions.

Youā€™re right about the effort put into a piece of gear vs the benefits but as these matters are so broad and these devices are so deep its hard to predict how it would work for ones particular way of making music.

I have gotten some perspective from the tutorials on YT but still it would be nice to hear from ppls own experiences it being pretty expensive and all. :slight_smile:

I donā€™t own a ton of synths but would definitely like to have a centralized ā€œbrainā€ for the whole setup (Minikorg 700fs, Matriarch and Syntrx and OT, MnM and A4.) for more efficient workflow.
It seems to me that having everything ready to go all the time would be better than having to memorize midi CCā€™s and wasting time mapping those constantly.

Thatā€™s one of the point with Cirklon. It may be the center of your synths, playing them and even design their sound, if they are enough midi implemented.

But it would not replace the specific way of working with hands your boxes. I prefer play AR or OT directly. Generaly, Elektron gear are very pleasant when played directly.

When i use Ck for my synths, it has a ā€œsequencer playing expander/or VSTā€ flavor.
Because this specific last point, you have to be fan of Auxes way of work, wich is what bring the Ck magic.
This is the main (only ?) point that justify the Ck price and waitinglist.

If not, there are a lot of sequencers (Squarp ones, Squid, MPC, Maschine, ectā€¦) that can be the center of your studio (with MRCC midi interface for exemple).
Note : Squarp has an implemented kind of instruments definition.

EDIT : Ck is well reputed to be an ā€œeasy whole song constructing toolsā€.
On this last point, iā€™m not an exemple :rofl:

1 Like

These are the kind of insights I was after. Thank you very much!

I do love the Elektron workflow but at times the idea of having the cirklon makes me wonder what I might be missing.

I better dlg deeper into making the most of my existing gear before paying that kind of money.

Its sometimes difficult to determine how some gear is to use and thatā€™s when these kind of words of experience mean a lot.

1 Like