Cirklon 2 still worth buying now in 2021?

Money is a real question when coming to those amounts (everything counts in large amount. DM).
Ck is more expensive than lot of gear (Perkons ?), and we must not forget that it does’nt produce any sound :thinking:

1 Like

Cirklon is a biginvestment for sure. But it stops the mind gassing for eternity on what sequencer to get. Thats important because then you can concentrate on building the rest of your studio.

1 Like

Yeah exactly!
It’s more than Perkons.
Although the benefits might be more substantial in the long run with the Cirklon.

1 Like

I would argue money is not an issue. Maybe a Cirklon is too many features for your workflow, maybe it isn’t. But, as it stands and has always stood to this point, it won’t lose value and can be sold for more than you paid. You have nothing to lose when just buying it and trying it out to see if it fits your workflow. It probably took me a year to become totally comfortable with the commands and workflow. It is very Elektron-like in many ways though. Surprisingly, I use the CK mode like 90%. I wasn’t expecting that. Anyway, try it out, if it’s not for you, after a few months sell it and move on.

Yes, this point is right, too.

I understand what you mean, but i’m not sure.
I sold my squid to upgrade Ck with Cv. Sometimes, when i see a second hand one on the market, and even if it’s less powerful, i must convince myself not to buy it. It’s Gas attack, each time. Same for the Futureretro Zillion, that i use to have too.
Maybe, that’s my addiction to sequencers that assault my mind.

3 Likes

Oh no. I really thought it was a gas killer. I guess there is no cure :unamused:

1 Like

i certainly have one as well.
but even so Cirklon never seemed to be worth that price or wait time for me.
i never actually used so many cool features of my Pyramid, Oxi One, or even Roland MC-80 that i remember from their manuals, so why pay/wait more ?

It may not be an issue when selling it but it certainly is an issue when dropping close to 2k on something like this. :slight_smile:

Auxes ! The mister mind sequencer :nerd_face:

RetroKits RK-006.
it even supports USB hubs! so one can utilize USB MIDI advantages without computers.

Sorry, i haven’t been clear.
The Auxes in Ck are kind of parameters that can affect your pattern. So, with such abilities you can produce variations to your pattern and construct complex evolution to your composition.
That give lot of plasticity to the programmation of your patterns. So wide, so wise, so clever.
It’s a real pleasure to use and combine thoses little functionalities, kind of macrocommand, that alter the original pattern and bring it to another form, that could be drasticaly different.

IMHO, this is a major tool for ones that looks for work on notes and scales, à la Reich, Messian or contemporain music autors.
For a guy like me, who don’t know anithing to music theory, it’s the Diamond.

2 Likes

So cool that Splitradix has produce great and efficient videos. That’s my fav tutos. I saw them about 4 times, and return there as soon as i can

6 Likes

Me too and i havent received my Cirklon yet! Ive downloaded all his tutorials to my desktop just in case he deletes them on youtube🤣

1 Like

GAS…intensifying :rofl:

2 Likes

:flushed: sorry :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Welp, I asked for it hehehe.

1 Like

Same here :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

There’s a 2nd hand Cirklon v2 available in Finland, you know… :wink:

1 Like

I know. :slight_smile: