AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

Oh. Is this an Overbridge issue? I don’t use OB

Hopefully it will be fixed. Along with some others. The Rytm does weird things sometimes

On specific tracks, sometimes the sample selection menu will self activate, kinda weird. It just started happening a month ago. The samples don’t change but it’s kind of unnerving and definitely not functioning as intended. So, can I get an OS update to fix this bug?

1 Like

my rytm is off my desk now in favour of mc202 - deffo no polyphony but then again none needed without single awesome voice

Are you sure sampler monitoring is off? (It was the problem when it happened to me)

1 Like

This happens on 3 out of 3 Digitakts that I owned too. And on 2 out of 2 MK2 Rytms. I suspect it is jitter

I can’t find the thread but I remember someone posting the same bug without OB, iirc they had a mixer and the BD was playing both on the individual out and on mains regardless of BD being turned off the main outs.

this is not the one I was talking about but similar one:

ok it was that one by @Perseus_Traxx but the video is unavailable:

Jitter is a good description. Is that a real term in the world of synths/ samplers?

Having actual notes in the display instead of +1, +2 etc on trigs

2 Likes

2/14 ain’t bad in my book. and what’s delivered with 1.70 is way more exciting.

1 Like

OS 1.70 is an amazing update and I’m very happy it’s supported on the Mk1 as well.

That being said, I have two UI improvement requests, and the first one is specifically for the Mk1.

I already explained this in the thread over on News but I like to do manual fills/jamming, meaning that I use the Page button to rhythmically switch on/off any Fill triggers, while simultaneously tweaking parameters, muting tracks or switching scenes or whatever.
Having the Page button pop up the page looping function breaks this workflow.
It’s a logical place for this function on the Mk2, which has a dedicated fill button. But on the Mk1, could you please add an option to choose to have page loop mapped to an alternative button? As for what button that could be, all I can think of is Bank Group. Holding it has no alternative function as far as I know. It would also allow for one-handed page loop operation since you can easily reach the first four trig buttons as well as the pads with the same hand.

And regarding the pads, to me the green in page loop mode just screams “you’re on the Mute page!”. I don’t exactly know how the LEDs under the pads work but would it be possible to use a unique color for the Page loop UI?

9 Likes

It would be great to be able to deactivate LFOs from some Tracks to have more for other tracks. Would actually be great on any Elektron device :innocent:

15 Likes

Ready yourself, you’ve just unwittingly opened the freely assignable LFOs and why everything since the Monomachine is shit box.

6 Likes

I feel like this update is greater than the sum of its parts. Aside from the cool shit they added, I think more importantly it shows that they DO still listen to the community somewhat and didn’t give up on their flagships.

I’m just happy they gave us something at all. Makes me feel better about my investment into this box and this company.

It must have been difficult for them to keep quiet after all of us slowly convincing ourselves this machine was no longer a priority. Especially after the silver boxes update.

P.S, I still want Ctrl + All

7 Likes

Elektron has truly devolved in a lot of ways. Not having freely assignable LFOs and parameter slides anymore is a huge step backwards imo.

3 Likes

it’s not possible in RYTM architecture, as all sounds are stored as separate preset, not entire kit like on MD/MM.
I think Elektron can make a ‘slow’ second LFO without audio rate option, it would be not so heavy for CPU

2 Likes

I’d take anything :wink:

Base width filter on the sample portion of things. Being able to make the sample sit better in the mix would be great. Those filters are digital on the boxes they exist on so it’s not a hardware architecture limitation (or shouldn’t be).

4 Likes

What? They were removed from the Analog Rytm? What is Func+H Bank doing then?

1 Like

I was also confused by this comment