Kick still audible and very loud when not routed to main

Anyone know where/how to trouble shoot or solve?

I’ve got all separate outputs from my Rytm to mixing desk. I used to have a couple of track incl the kick on “(Route to) Main” still, incl also the fx that go via Main. Now I just wanted to mute the kick going from main, but now the opposite happens: Rytm’s Main on my mixer goes full into the red because it still plays the kick but the super loud, as soon as I press the pad to disconnect it from going to main…

Anyone ideas?

Sounds buggy. Have you tried rebooting the machine then do it again?

Yeah, weirdly enough either with a reload of the Project, with a reboot (regular off-and-back-on), and even a new Project it does the same thing…

Also no compressor used. Which could’ve reacted in extra gain with the kick routed away from main maybe…? Anyway that’s also not it

unplug usb and try audio only leads.
simplify back to main outs, then assign out, etc.

maybe youve got normal audio & usbaudio via a mac/pc also going into mixer. ?

1 Like

Ah good idea. I never use audio over Usb but I can indeed try ticking those options off etc.

Worthless update:

It works! I have no idea why. Tried a bunch of things, nothing worked, abandoned trying. Month later tried again and it works! Issue is gone. By now I’ve had it unplugged, unpowered, and am in a new Project. So any of those might have done it.

Only thing of value is the insight for anyone who might ever have a similar issue, that it might not be needed to throw your Rytm out of the window in frustration. Just leave it for a bit. Worked for me:)