A4 Feature Requests

I just got my A4 back from the repair shop after spending a couple weeks with the Digitone, and absolutely the A4 needs a note/scale option of some sort. It makes using the DN so easy to sequence, even with weird note input thing (I end up just live recording steps most of the time because of it).

1 Like

It does have scale options in a menu just they only work on a trig level…
it’s still chromatic on the keyboard but notes entered get shifted to the scale…
… I’m using midi out from digitone into the A4, digitone way is much better

Also a little trick with the digitone if you don’t like that note input thing…
You can just hold a trig and press up or down at it will move through the notes of the scale.
Pressing right or left chooses the other notes if its chord and you can adjust them also with up and down

The only thing holding me back from trading up my Circuit Mono Station and Minitaur for an Analog 4 is the lack of a paraphonic mode. I’ve seen a few threads on how it is possible through some messy MIDI manipulation or involved P-locking oscillator levels/amp settings, but it would be incredible to get it added natively.

There is something special about the droning quality of paraphonic voicing, almost like hammer-ons on a guitar. The other added benefit is that it would basically magically add 4 more kind-of voices, making it more flexible with less voice-stealing.

3 Likes

I’m somewhat familiar with the feature, I know it’s there, but it doesn’t work as quickly and as smoothly as it does on the DT. I’m thinking about using the DT to control the A4 too, but I currently have it running my Nord Modular.

1 Like

Plocks on ARP page! Like, why DOESN’T it work that way already?
This would make it super simple to do a ratcheting Arp. Or even just something simple like change the octave range or note length.
Speaking of Arp page, it would be amazing if the speed was something meaningful like 8/16/32nd etc. Right now it’s just a raw number which is not helpful.

5 Likes

I described this in another thread and it really applies to all the machines in production currently, but if I had to pick 1 it would be the A4.

It would be great if I could disable recording trigless trigs in Live Record mode, such that when I enter live record mode and turn encoders, I only record parameter locks on steps where trigs already exist. The Machinedrum does this and I LOVE it.

6 Likes

This would be great for every machine.

The sub is actually a fifth below (an inverted fourth). It’s kind of misnamed IMO.

1 Like

Some type of note tie would make programming note lengths much easier

1 Like

Considering this bad boy(s) can operate as 4 monophonic instruments or a single polyphonic instrument, it seems really odd that it doesn’t respond to Polyphonic Aftertouch. What would really be super nice is if they had an MPE mode so that I could control it with my Roli Rise. Please? Thanks!

5 Likes

Now that the A4 has midi sequencing capabilities it’d be great to see an update that allows us to control midi CCs of our external synths.

4 Likes

Really was wishing I could plock the the arp for random fills today😢

6 Likes

Yeah, being able to send midi CC and not only note and velocity data would be a killer function. One of the few things I really miss on the A4.

I agree. This would be quite convenient. For the time being, you can use this work-around: Anyone using MPE/Seaboard controller with their A4?

Really would love per pattern mutes like the digis…
should be possible right? No extra buttons needed to operate same as digi…
Would be able to drop sounds in and out easier!

1 Like

The possibilitie to save all sound locks as a sound is one the best think I can hope :3lektron:
This and other things as addding notes progressively to chord without retriggin

What ? If I play a C, the sub is a F ?
I was thinking if I play a C, the sub is a G … :frowning:

That’s correct - try it for yourself and listen.

Yo but so what, many. tutorials are sayin you can do chords using the sub as a G … if you play for example a +7osc1 Sub5th and second osc +4 / +3