A4 Feature Requests

Yes; in that case you’re making the “main” note into the fifth, which makes the sub the root, and the second oscillator the third (whether major or minor).

1 Like
  1. If you do nothing, and hit the C on the keyboard, result: C

2. I you tune OSC 1 to + 7, without activating Subosc 5th, and you hit the C on the keyboard: the result is: you hear G

3. Now you activate the Sub 5th and press the C on the keyboard: you hear a C5 chord (Root note C (the sub) and the fifth (OSC 1 +7 = G)

4. Now bring in OSC 2 and tune it to +3 (which is Eb or D#), now when you press C on the keyboard, you hear the Chord C minor.

5. If you change OSC 2 from +3 to +4, you get a C major.

6. OSC 2 to +10 and OSC2 Sub 5th activated leading to: Cmin7

7. OSC 2 to +11 and OSC2 Sub 5th activated leading to: Cmaj7

For keeping the key in the sequencer, Paramater Lock OSC2 either +3 or +4 wether you need to change from minor to major or vice versa.

1 Like

Didn’t we talk about it on AF a few years ago?
:wink:
https://fr.m.audiofanzine.com/groove-machine/elektron/analog-four/forums/t.636680,poly-par-track-via-les-osc.html

Thank you dude but it’s just about the English words he said here which make me confused. But it’s a bit stupid yes.
++

this is already a thing, if I’ve understood you correctly. You can Send MIDI CC with the performance page knobs. I’ve done it in my live show

Quick question. Is there a way to trigger sounds in the sound pool with the key’s or with the step buttons, like when you are in slice mode on the OT (so, I could basically play and record multiple sounds on one track, instead of sound locking) ? If not, this, if possible, would be my only feature request.

yes. have the sound pool browser on screen while the track is in live record mode - select the sound and play it in live to the metronome or whatever keeps you in time.

Right…Are you talking about the soundpool manager? If I do that I can only play one sound at a time chromatically. I was hoping for a sound per key. Thanx. I would be so fkn excited about this machine if this were possible.

you can use multimap for that

@garf !!! Awesome, Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. This is gonna be funn as hell…

2 Likes

Guys, please add underline symbol for A4 in naming menu. We have it on DT and DN, why not bring symbol matrix to some unified form across the devices? Thanks

1 Like

One thing that I found on the A4 that I wish they would do with all the Elektron boxes-if you push down the menu knobs under the screen you see all the numbers on the knobs. This is super helpful.

Yeah, that´s really useful. On OT and other Elektrons you can click and encoder to show numerical values (IIRC), but on OT I´´ll usually use one of the trig modes that show numerical values instead of knob graphics for all parameters (mute mode, slice mode etc…)

I just got my A4 today, so I’m not super familiar with it yet, but I think you still can’t do the following things:

• Multi-map playing from the 1-oct keyboard
  • Step recording from multi-map note input

Both of which would be very useful for programming drums on a single track.

Only with a AK or external kb. Yeah that would be nice on the A4. Also a hold button :no_mouth:

@elektron please upgrade the overlapping note/chords writing (as on the DN) it can be really useful to pilot like a drum kit on ableton, create some patterns and add easy variations…
Please Please :star_struck:

thank you

Very much this. I reprogrammed buttons on an old midi keyboard as hold for tracks 1-3 just to be able to hold them for a live drone session.

1 Like

Don’t know if it possible but I wish I could have a setting as
poly - use the same sound setting
but with unshared CC values : because for now when the poly - shared sound is activated, tracks wil share the CC reception…
I want the track have same parameter turning knobs but I need to receive different CC’s… Osc’s here.

The Analog Four is my favorite thing ever, it’s the centerpiece of everything I do, please give us note repeat, make my life complete and make this the best thing on the planet ever, I will give you all my magic cards and be your best friend.

I just want to ratchet things all over the place.

Pleeeeeeeaaaaassssseeeeeee <3

2 Likes

This is my first and Elektron product so I don’t know much about them as a company, what’s everyone’s opinion on whether this’ll see any more updates in the future?