A4 Feature Requests

Hey Elektron!

I finally realized in the Analog Keys will perform way more than 4 notes with the arpeggiator on, but it only records 4. If I play a 5 (or more) note chord, I can get the arpeggiator to understand what I’m playing, but the sequencer only records 4 notes. The “Hold” function above the PB will record any number of notes played when you hit it, so it does what I wish would work with the sequencer.

It would be real nice if the sequencer understood more than 4 notes when recording in arps, even though it can only play 4 notes polyphonically (but clearly does one-note-at-a-time arpeggios without any issue). It will if you play them at each note, but the arpeggiator will also take 16 step tuning shapes without an issue. You can push one note and get a 16 step sequence going, but you can’t play a complex chord that goes into the sequencer one-note-at-a-time.

Anyhow, just wishing while I do some quick sequences :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Suggestion: Make it possible to route external midi to the track midi out function, as described here: Send notes coming in through the midi in to the midi out port?

2 Likes

Microtuning would be a great addition to the A4/AK. I know you can plock fine tune per step but it’s a bit cumbersome and it would be nice to play it live. I would imagine this has been requested heaps but a search of this thread only yielded one result, so make that two.

4 Likes

As a workaround you can use Multi Map with different sounds, with some microtuned notes.

Midi processors can be used for that too, tuning differently certain notes.

1 Like

Custom program change number per pattern. Right now, program change number sent over MIDI = pattern number (A1-16 = 1-16; B1-16 = 17-32;…). Would be useful to be able to custom set it so that it could sent specific numbers to call certain patches, or such that a change number isn’t sent each time the pattern changes. When using certain external FX that changes preset with program, the current mode of operation can switch the preset when you want it to stay the same.

4 Likes

Have you tried using the “PAT.PLAY” function in the MULTI MAP feature?

2 Likes

Was coming here to suggest this too :slight_smile: I’m not using CV but have other external midi gear. Would be awesome to have the couple of CV pages with 10 generic Midi parameters each.

2 Likes

this please

1 Like

I’d love this one to make it over from the Model:Samples:

Press [TRACK] + [PAGE] to latch FILL mode. Press [TRACK] + [PAGE] again to unlatch FILL mode.

The functionality already exists on A4, it’s YES+PAGE.
But TRACK+PAGE is unused on A4 by any other functions, so it’d be nice to be able to do it this way also, for continuity between the machines.

3 Likes

i would like to see how many semitones destructive transpose is moving there is no display like digitone

3 Likes

I once put in a feature request for that and it was kinda promised but then I forgot all about it.

1 Like

Two inputs on AK seem to be unbalanced; I guess it’s the same for A4.
Well, they should be balanced, and more in number (4+).

1 Like

Per pattern mutes on both A4 and AR would make life easier

3 Likes

Truth. Love this idea

1 Like

Option for Digitone-like workflow without kits

Control all

P-lockable arp

3 Likes

You can just save a new kit on each pattern if you want digitakt type “kit per pattern”
Very simple to do

3 Likes

Sure, but it’s still an extra step to do when changing patterns, and you need to remember to save. Not a huge deal, but still an extra step you have to keep in mind. For me kits are an unnecessary level of complexity.

1 Like

FM between oscs, and other voices. Not sync. Fm.
The LFO FM gets me close, but it isn’t the same.

1 Like

Being able to save my four sounds mixed together as one track sound? Unless this is an option that I missed?

1 Like

My biggest feature request by far would be to have the keyboard light up and play only the notes of the scale selected like the digitone!

2 Likes