Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2022

Inspired by the no new gear in 2022 thread, I thought it would be cool to get as many of you fabulous people to sign on the dotted line and personally commit to releasing something, anything in 2022. It can be whatever you want, an album, EP, single, 30-minute drone track, foley recordings of your environment, etc, but it has to be released in an official manner (Bandcamp FTW!) and shared here to show that you’ve completed the challenge. As OP, I’m going to say that cross posting is allowed, as many of us will want to promote a release elsewhere on this forum too. So, can you do it? Do we have your word?

82 Likes

I commit and will share at least one album here in 2022 :notes:
Looking forward to hearing all your people‘s new music :+1:

18 Likes

This thread is making my palms sweat.

30 Likes

Yes

5 Likes

At least two albums planned for 2022, a new under my name Stazma and the first one from my “band” Golden Fangs (is two people already a band hahaha).

7 Likes

Would be cheating as my next album is being mixed right now. And NO gear involved !

10 Likes

Great idea. I’m in.

4 Likes

Absolutely gimme the pen.

Imma take shit way less seriously, go through the heaps of sketches everywhere and release either a massive beat tape-esque thing or multiple eps. On a BC Friday.

As the kids say letssss goooooooooooo

14 Likes

Yep. I have a Subharmonicon EP that I’ve been kinda working on on and off for all of this year, but I keep getting distracted by other ideas. Surely I can focus next year :smile:

4 Likes

I’m in. I will commit to 3 albums or EP’s, under some my various personailties of course.

5 Likes

I’m also committing to releasing at least an EP if not a full album. I have enough material already for sure.

5 Likes

My 2022 plan :

• Jamuary 2022
  • Soundtrack for a fictionnal pixel art game with an Ambient/Horror/Chiptune flavor using all the sounds i’ve been creating during my first year with the Digitone
  • A jazz album
  • Whatever may come depending of the mood, the next gear and influences
14 Likes

this is a great idea. no gear new year sounds too hard since I’m sure I’ll find a guitar pedal or two worth bringing into the mix this year. Committing to releasing something will keep me focused on the equipment I have…maybe i’ll even sell my poor digitakt as it gets less and less attention recently…

3 Likes

I’m in , will be dropping some stuff on AZAR for sure…

2 Likes

It’s the plan. A full album. I wanted to finish by the end of the year, but the real job has been demanding in term of extra hours lately…

3 Likes

My resolution is to finish at least one track a month, working up to an album in the course of 2022.

11 Likes

I’m in the process of releasing something on BC. Can end of 2021 be accepted?

3 Likes

Count me in. Was already thinking of committing 2022 to making an album.

1 Like

I used to be all about albums, releasing four of them between 2008 and 2018. At some point, though, I realized that if I wanted to build any kind of audience, albums probably weren’t the way to do it. Sure, some artists release that brilliant concept album that gets noticed and builds a following, but, well, I don’t think I’m quite brilliant enough for that. :sweat_smile:

So, over the course of the pandemic, I’ve kept my next album on the back burner while focusing on singles and trying to promote each one to the best of my promotionally-challenged abilities. So far, it’s worked a lot better than what I was doing before! I admit there’s a certain vanity in caring whether anyone’s listening at all, but it’s fun knowing there’s someone out there in Duderstadt, Trenčín, or Cuautitlán Izcalli who stumbled across my stuff.

Anyway, my goal for 2022 will be to keep this going, and then to finish and release my next album to a small fan base that will hopefully enjoy it.

8 Likes

No, you’ve got to get going on the next one already!

1 Like