Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2022

I would if I could!

2 Likes

I am in @craig
Might need a mastering person at some point, I have zero interest in and even less time for that job :sunglasses:

Will start with Jamuary to get into the work ethic and get some creative juices flowing.

2022 is ours!

5 Likes

Good stuff @craig putting me on the spot. Iā€™m going to commit to a recording of a set. Havenā€™t done that yet, dream of doing it since starting this electronic journey, and Iā€™ve got the means and skills now to really give it a good go.

See you all in December!

3 Likes

Iā€™m in. Cool thread!!

Was planning on the no gear (except I may get a new guitar so out of the thread), learning the OT this time around, and releasing something with it. Probably an EP of nonsense, but itā€™ll be something.

3 Likes

I got three projects that Iā€™m constantly working on ideas for:
OKHUMAN - All things synth, sampler related, and the alias I mostly release music under. Mostly it hits in the vein of experimental electronic and hip hop, but will veer into more fast tempo stuff like electro and idm/jungle. I have a project which Iā€™ve just begun putting together some of the skeletal elements, but its a long way off. Hopefully will be done by the end of 2022.

nozone layer - Improvised ambient guitar project. I just finished a release about a month back, and general work with vague concepts when exploring new music. Previously made an album inspired by volcanic phenomena, and probably will have something new out by the middle of 2022.

Slow Mutants - An experimental doom/drone project with guitar, bass, drum machine and vocals. Put together an album about a year ago, and have been writing some new tracks. I hope to get stuff recorded before the end of next year, but this is definitely the least time defined project.

4 Likes

I will release a thing.

Spolier

Canā€™t promise no resonance thoughā€¦

8 Likes

I commit to make one e.p. for each of my synths (MS-20, Juno 106, Matriarch, Rev2, Chimera BC-16) plus Octatrack. Iā€™ll allow voice samples (and maybe field recordings for texture) into the OT but the majority of the sound must start with the given synth. No genre limits (but itā€™ll be mostly techno & drone/ambient). All up on Bandcamp.

The Escape Clause

Iā€™ll forgive myself for failing this if some kind of regular live performance thing kicks off, based around the loops I made with my AR this year, or if one of my more band-focused friends invites me to join something I canā€™t say ā€œnoā€ to.

1 Like

In !

2 Likes

I plan on releasing at least one record in 2022. Trying to organize for one release now

1 Like

I wanted to try to get three things out next year but I have yet to really dive into my next projectā€¦ been perhaps overy focused on perfecting the design on my prewired live rig box, inspired by @DaveMech I suppose I should try to amp up my goal to 4 things.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a few categories of things going. I want to put out all of it.

Iā€™ve got a bunch of beats that are mostly already out there on my Instagram and YouTube. I want to put those and some others together on either one long beat tape or, more likely 2 EPs since thereā€™s a pretty clear dividing line.

Iā€™ve got a single that Iā€™m working on with bad raps and everything. Thatā€™s not recorded yet but mostly done. At minimum, this sould be 2 tracks plus their instrumentals.

One thing that I havenā€™t started yet is I want to do a beat tape on my Circuit Rhythm with nothing but samples that I made so that I can put the pack up for download.

Iā€™m also thinking about doing a project for my youtube that samples nothing but records on youtube. That way I could link the songs that were used with time stamps for anyone interested in that kind of thing. I think itā€™s also a matter of dealing with the mixed feelings I have as someone who collected records to just see everything up there on youtube. Iā€™ve only got as far as making notes about songs to come back to.

14 Likes

I intend to release at least one full length album and a four track ep in 2022. I have a bunch of unfinished tracks/ ideas from 2021 and I definitely want to get more focused in 2022. I might even sing on a track or two.

2 Likes

Been promising to get back onto actually creating rather than messing around since 2017ā€¦ Perhaps next year will be the one :smiley:

4 Likes

My goals:

• put out some more jams (Ā± one per month) and learn visual synthesizer + after effects to spice up the videos of these jams

• create a 30 minute liveset on DT+DN+OT combo

• create more non techno/4 to the floor jams

Definitely committing to it mentally, but with our son being only 3 months old and a five year old daughter walking around I would already be content with simply an hour of music-time each week :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Great response so far. More please!

Naturally, Iā€™m in too.

I think itā€™ll be great look back on this in a year and a bitā€™s time and see how many Elektronaut releases made it out into the wild in 2022. Plus, this is a good opportunity to highlight our releases to each other. And as Iā€™m not buying any gear next year, Iā€™ll have more money to buy some of your releases. Win-win. :yellow_heart:

9 Likes

I plan to continue publishing clips to Instagram in 2022. Whether the world needs an album-length sample of my noodlings is another question entirely. But a Bandcamp release by end of year isnā€™t out of the question.

1 Like

Yes! Great idea! Iā€™d love to get a small EP out or something to try out the whole ā€œuploading your music to streaming servicesā€ thing for myself.

1 Like

Good post. Im in.

Have something up my sleeve but itā€™s been on the back-burner for a while, now have more time again for music.

1 Like

Will someone commit to listening to it? :laughing:

22 Likes

I am not not buying gear in 2022, but I commit myself to 4 releases in 2022.

4 Likes