Cinder Fields | New Album

Hi all,

I just released an album, a collage of ambient / cinematic textures and rhythms. Most of the tracks started as jams on this forum, and it’s an expanded version of the EP posted before in the 2022 Commitment thread. It’s available as a free download on Bandcamp.

Instruments used: Analog Rytm MKII, Digitone, OB6 desktop, Minitaur, (K)Arp Odyssey, Subharmonicon, Fender Jazzmaster, Pedalboard, Spitfire & Sonic Couture VST’s. Tracking and summing with the SSL Six.

The music is leaning towards visual application, so I will use this space from time to time to share some short music-film experiments as well.

Many thanks for the support and for being part of the community that inspired starting these tunes in the first place! :pray: :heart:

11 Likes

Can’t wait to hear this! Congrats on the release!

1 Like

Cheers! @Tchu :pray:

1 Like

From the very first second, this is just as beautiful as I was expecting it to be! Looking forward to giving the whole album a proper listen soon!

2 Likes

Many thanks @korpinen appreciated!

1 Like

broken record here but… sounds amazing!

Now…

What pedals do you have on that pedalboard! Love that jazzzmaster sound by the way.

1 Like

Many thanks @blakewalt much appreciated!

Here’s a pic of my pedalboard,. Bottom right is a little 3 channel pedal board mixer, so I can easily send guitar, Subh and the Odyssey through the board.

Compadre, Iridium and Tone Job are set and forget and always on (with guitar), The Spaceman Effects are great for modulation and Volante is used most for spacial effects (love the rec-level pre-amp). Some extra padding / colours + occasional fuzz from the Black Hole Symmetry.

It’s wired mono from Compadre to Delta II into the the SSL Six and from there (optionally) back via the sub-outs to Volante and Nightsky, turning the signal stereo. This way the Volante and Nightsky are also available to other (stereo) synths hooked up to the Six. Hope that makes sense, it works a treat.

3 Likes

Just finished listening to the Album. This is top quality production. It sounds fabulous. The textures are gorgeous, the arrangements are amazing, the mixing and mastering are top notch. It really gets me into places I want to be. Mesmerizing! Insta-buy. @MarcD, you have it all! :heart: :raised_hands: :clap:

2 Likes

Ah wow, that’s so no nice of you @Tchu thanks a million again for the continuous (and generous! :pray:) support. It’s a real motivator, I’ll keep noodling and plucking away then :slight_smile: cheers!

1 Like

This ain’t noodling, it’s real talent. If I were a VJ/Film maker, I would jump on this and start creating right away. Instant inspiration.

The pleasure is mine.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Lovely pedal board!

Nice to have this little mixer to get guitar or synth in there without having to change anything and be able to use them as sends for your synths with the Six :writing_hand:! Great idea!

1 Like

Valyermo sounds stellar, congrats on the release

1 Like

Cheers! @handed :pray:

1 Like

Have been listening to this on most nights this past week and it is really, really good! You have an outstanding skill of taking the listener on a journey in a span of 3 (or so) minutes whereas many artists would just milk that same idea for 6-8 minutes.

Absolutely love your drums, guitar playing and, obviously, synth tones. The Felt Instruments VSTs also couldn’t be in better hands. The production is, in a word, stellar.

Btw, what are you using for bass on, for example, Mariposa (after 1:25) and Valyermo?

2 Likes

Probably Minitaur.

Yes, yes and yes. I can’t believe that there’s only 8 :heart:.

2 Likes

Yep, that was my guess as well but IIRC @MarcD has also had some really nice tracks with the Arp Odyssey on bass duties.

Couldn’t agree more. People will eventually find this stuff, I’m sure. This is soundtrack-ready stuff and @MarcD has always had his own lovely vibe going.

2 Likes

True.

Many thanks @korpinen means a lot!

Bass is indeed the Minitaur across the album @Tchu , love the solid gratifying low-end from that synth, hardly ever reach for anything else when it comes to bass. However, @korpinen I heard great examples of the Odyssey on bass duty and will certainly explore this at some point, for me, it has been my main lead synth until now. So I keep it simple in terms of instruments duty’s, OB6 pads, Arp Leads, Minitaur Bass. VST’s are coming from Spitfire, Sonic Couture and Felt (mostly their Rysy Filter, which I love).
Thanks so much again for the support guys, really appreciate it!

2 Likes