Xone 96 Mixer

This might be a good combo with Elektron Gear. Anyone use a Xone 92 with elektron gear now?

https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/xone96/

3 Likes

@DaveMech uses a DB4 with two digitakt for his live shows. Check out his YouTube channel. He even has an explanation video that shows how he uses this setup. The xone96 doesn’t have the channel selector or the effects like the db4, but I’ve considered using the xone96 as well. It’s not as expensive as db4.

1 Like

DB4 is shown off really well in the @DaveMech video. Makes me want one.
I wonder if an updated version is coming after the release of the 96?

1 Like

Afaif db4 has no aux, has it?

I can’t find this in the manual: can either of the two cue/headphone outs be used as an extra aux send? Meaning that cue’d channels get sent out this output, but - importantly - when no channel is cue’d the output is mute, ie. the mix master does not get sent to it.

I have a loaner Xone:92 here to try this and it doesn’t work like that: the master mix gets sent over the headphones out when no channel is cue’d, making it hard to use as an aux send.

The booth out always gets the master mix so is not usable for this purpose.

Asking all this because it 'd be handy if I could work on a standard club mixer for my gigs, but I need 3 aux sends.

Perhaps @DaveMech can answer this?

I use a 92 with an A4 & AR in my live set up.
AR BassDrum on return1, Hats on 2, all other drums sounds on stéréo channel 1/2.
A4 on channel 3/4
Other synths and samplers on remaing inputs.

3 Likes

I used a XONE:PX5 which worked well but has only one send/return and 5 stereo input channels. In case someone in North Germany is interested, I sell the mixer, with Decksaver and Magma case for 790 Euro.

My 4 Volcas (Kick, Bass, Keys and FM) and DT LOVE my MODEL1.
And yes @dtr, MODEL1 has a third aux sends through Cue B if used with D-Sub :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know… but that price tag!

Model 1 is a dream of a mixer for an Elektron setup and I don’t know how often I have looked at the website and user manual … and then … buy another synth :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed :slight_smile:
But then again after having had a DB4, this is day and night.

2 Likes

But it sounds good !

SSL SiX sounds great. It has 12 (6 Stereo) inputs and master comp which is a simplified SSL G-comp. super flexible routing and the foldback outputs can be used as additional stereo sends,…so 4 stereo sends all together.

1 Like

Interesting how many posts about other gear this model specific thread attracts.

Yes…its wicked. Got 2 channel streams from traktor into chans 2/3. Other 4 chans hardware.

1 Like

You talking about the 96? Would you be able to answer this?

“I can’t find this in the manual: can either of the two cue/headphone outs be used as an extra aux send? Meaning that cue’d channels get sent out this output, but - importantly - when no channel is cue’d the output is mute, ie. the mix master does not get sent to it.”

Main cue output(ones that use the cue button per channel) has the master sent when no cue selected(not a fan either). Only way you could do this is to not use one channel and leave this always cued with silence.

Other cue is a selector so you could use this but would be limited to only being able to send one channel at a time.

Thanks for clarifying.!That s a bummer and though there s a workaround, I wouldn t be willing to leave a channel unused to achieve that. I could just cram my whole setup in it if only it had that third aux send…

Or… i wouldnt need the RTN C and D inputs so perhaps one of those could remain cue’d. Hmm…

I have a 96 and a DB4. The 96 is great because I can use external effects easily using the send buses. I route my Elektron gear through Reverb and Delay units. The DB4 is more ‘fun’ to play with but you’re restricted to the on-board effects. There is a way around that but it’s a hack.

I’m about to hook up the individual outs from the Digitone keys to the ins on the 96.

1 Like