Will there be Octatrack MK3 anytime soon?

Hi guys,

I know, this is probably gonna be pure speculation unless someone from Elektron themself joins here.
What do you think… will there be an Octatrack MK3 this year?
I am not so sure anymore because I see Elektron approaching a new circle of customers with all their cheaper products… actually all of their latest product line sells well below 1000€.

3 Likes

I think Elektron is like Valve and can’t count to 3 lol

Soon they’ll come out with mk 2 pt1, then mk2 pt 2…

25 Likes

I wish but doubt it tbh.think there concentrating on cheaper but easy to sell boxes at the moment.we can only dream😁

Yep it’s coming out in April.

15 Likes

17 Likes

Probably tomorrow. Good stuff happen on Fridays.

3 Likes

What the 1st day

3 Likes

Nah.

We’re going to get the OctaModel:SampleTrack first!

3 Likes

Were already on the OT V. Where you been?

5 Likes

Yep, but only available until midday!

1 Like

OktaTakt

7 Likes

Supposed to be out on Tuesday.

9 Likes

It would make sense to me that they do a big (OT Like) Digitakt next as the architecture already has OB etc, I think OT will stay as it is and you may get OT sized Digitakt that does most of what OT does and eventually replaces it.

2 Likes

10 Likes

There is an x% chance of it being true.

1 Like

Absolutely possible. Absolutely no chance of ít happening soon.

6 Likes

Yep.

They are pretty tight lipped, so don’t count on it.

OTMK2 is a beast. If you don’t already have one, go ahead and get one and make some music with it.

18 Likes

It wouldn’t make business sense for them to replace the mk2 for at least 2-3 more years.

And even if they did mk3 it- I doubt there would be serious updates to the firmware for the update.

Of course, there’s equal likelihood that it will go the route of the silver boxes than getting a further updated iteration

3 Likes

3 Likes

I hope there won’t be a MK3. More a kind of Octatrack 2.0 with new features.

10 Likes