What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Just try it on bass guitar, live or sampled…you will cry like a baby.

3 Likes

By any chance can you send gate and pitch to the cv inputs and control a voice/track?

All the plastic 35mm developing tank spools I’ve used expand to take 120 film. The steel spools are usually fixed to either.

1 Like

No gate inputs. So just control modulation going in (voltage / expression).

1 Like

I wish there were gate inputs on the A4. Would it theoretically be possible to add those with a firmware update or is that a question of not available hardware components inside the A4?

1 Like

If it takes CV in then it should be matter of code to add gates.

thanks man! i’m good. it’s the best digital synth i’ve ever used - incredible attention to detail with the user interface, i haven’t needed the user manual once, it’s really really intuitive. and it sounds amazing of course

2 Likes

I played with one once and it didn’t take long at all to start sculpting interesting sounds. I remember those mutants sounding pretty wild

it really seems like an “everything synth” cos obvs it does the wavetable stuff really well, but also the FM synthesis and analogue emulation seems really on-point. the most modular non-modular synth i’ve used. a real gem, and the desktop / explorer versions are absolute bargains for what they offer

2 Likes

Can you midi sequence other synths?

Yea, a few firmwares ago A4 and AR got midi sequencer out.

A4 can send midi notes, velocity, length, with trig conditions and microtiming out of each of the 6 sequencer tracks.

Fuck yes! Demo day!
Also time to say bye bye to all that gear I was gonna fix one day……

2 Likes

Another new guitar - A Fender Custom Shop 1966 Stratocaster from Wildwood Guitars.

I’m also teetering on the edge of ordering a Digitone. Now that it has song mode, I’m ready to grab one. I would have ordered it the same day song mode was announced, but there’s something inside my head telling me that a Digitone II might be coming soon…

12 Likes

Yes i remember now-

I have the ARmk2 and I don’t like the way it is implemented on the rytm

Hopefully on the A4 it is better

Well you get 4 notes polyphony per track, so that’s nice.

Nice better than rytm than

Ok so basically you have 4 polyphonic voices on each of the 4 tracks if you use it as a midi sequencer on external gear but 4 mono tracks when using it as a synthesizer?

6 tracks X 4 voice polyphony when using midi sequencer out. (Fx and cv tracks are 5 & 6, and can also send midi notes)

2 Likes

Super cool - A4mk2 might be my next purchae

2 Likes

It will even be probably your best buy.

2 Likes