What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

DIGITONE EXPANDER.
It’s obvious the Digitone was designed with this expansion unit in mind :wink: They’re the exact same width.

Goal: expand the Digitone’s polyphony and sound palette. The FB-01 is 8 parts multitimbral, and each part can be panned hard L/R. Percect configuration for the Digitone’s midi sequencer and dual mono input.

37 Likes

A cruiser board and protective gear. Intention is to zip to and from the kindergarden before and after work. And to learn how to Ollie over curbs, hopefully! Haven’t made music since I got this, it’s fun =D

17 Likes

Got two magic toys in the mail yesterday !
The Buchla & Tiptop 245t sequencer: I always wanted to have one of those, I love the 5-step thing and all the weird options.
A good old 80’s UE-405 analog multi-FX from Ibanez !

Both together for a first jam here :wink:

12 Likes

Can I ask what month in 2018 you got on the list? This month is exactly 4 years for me.

October 2018 I joined the list.

1 Like

Intention is to have a load of new NKS-compatible synths, FX and sample content for my Maschine MK3. I mentioned in the software deals thread but these boxed updates/upgrades can be picked up cheaply from retailers now that K14 has been released. It was only £159.

Bonus - I think I might be able to reformat the included 500GB HD (spinny kind not solid state) to use as a handy backup drive. I only have a base model Mac Mini M1 so I’m a bit light on HD space.

EDIT - I got a bit carried away and also bought a cheap crossgrade to Rob Papen Explorer 7 so I now have more plugins than I can possibly use. But hey, I just got paid and a boy needs a hobby.

6 Likes

Been a while since I’ve had a A4. Let go of my MK1 when I felt AK was good enough, and let go of my AK when I fell in love with Pro 2. That was a couple years ago.

Looking forward to all the fun stuff the MK1 couldn’t do. Q-Perf, CV inputs, newer overdrive. Will use it mostly as a groovebox but might also pair it with NL3R, fx and sequencing. Mostly dub techno and also some electro. Considering rack mounting it with NL3R.

Also looking forward to getting back to some of the features I wish ST had… biting saw chords, parameter slide, kits, macros.

36 Likes

Got a nice box o’ mayhem from @DonovanDwyer. And he included a teeny tiny Prophet-5 pin, too. My intentions are to get lost in Pure Data, practice guitar through the Zoom, and gain a new understanding of the term “mini keys”.

24 Likes

how did that work out as a replacement? ive been using launchpad mk3 through digitkt/digitone for a long time but i wonder a lot if something like the oxi one/deluge/hapax (hapax seemingly being the best option) would add much complexity and organic “songs” via multiple midi instruments

Hi,
It’s a bit early to answer this. But, I used LPP3 as a chord generator (Hapax is better), CC sequencer through midihub (Hapax will be more powerfull when the midi FX “Note to CC” will be implemented, as it have more tracks and more sequencing features) and master keyboard (Hapax is not as good because pads don’t have aftertouch). This final point isn’t a problem as I purchased an AK which is now my master keyboard (with aftertouch).

When you add the midi FX, the algos, the play modes, tracks up to 32 bars, 96 midi channels on output, the instrument definitions, the automations… You can definitely had something to your song the LPP3 can’t.
I think Oxy one and deluge can be also very good options but I choose the Hapax as I know Squarp team will make it even better.

1 Like

Good point. Thanks for the input, that is helpful. I just use my Launchpad as keyboards to use scale mode and “freely” playing like keys to input notes to Elektron midi sequencers.

I guess that’s stupid, and a keyboard is better in general, but I can see Hapax being a workable substitute. I kind of thought that’s what you meant when you said ditching the lpp for it. But it is a shame about aftertouch. I wonder if it will be added

1 Like

Yes it is. I don’t know if it is doable as you need particular sensors I guess under the pads :thinking:

oh…hello!

got a good deal and well…here we go.

33 Likes

girlfriend cheated on me systematically and broke my nose with a thrown bottle of perfume when i found out. i was going to give her money to pay for a deposit on a new flat, as she has been served notice. instead today i packed my bags and bought this. i hope she enjoys sleeping in her car!

30 Likes

Holy shit. Sorry to hear that and enjoy your new synth. I hope your nose gets better.

1 Like

Nothing earth-shattering for this forum, I know. I’ve been in the market for a stereo distortion unit for a long time and I just kept looking at the Heat, so I’m gonna try it out. The envelope follower kept luring me in.

My short term intentions are to keep it on the Octatrack cue outs to sample a bunch of loops with distortion and filtering to hear what it’s capable of.

Long term I’ll probably be using it on master bus for whole mixes and maybe I’ll even try this Overbridge thing everyone raves about. OB didn’t do much for me with the DN/DT, but I can see it being really useful with this one.

14 Likes

The Heat is stealth even on this forum. It’s hard to describe why it’s so good. I saw a deal here from someone I trusted, and looked at some threads to research it, and saw a lot of people saying, in essence, it just makes things sound better. And that it does! Hope you enjoy it (pretty sure you will).

3 Likes

Sure will. I just spent an hour jamming with it. It’s brilliant. I might need to spend some time figuring out gain staging better. You’re right, it just makes stuff sound better

1 Like

Damnit. I don’t have a Heat. Are y’all going to make me buy a Heat?

3 Likes

No one’s making you do anything! But put it in your mental itinerary.

3 Likes