What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

These medium format cameras just plain look cool. I am guessing you need to have sort your own developing solution (dark room, supplies), or are there places that can handle that in 2022?

1 Like

How do you like it?

There are two places in my town that can develop it. Iā€™ve been looking at getting development stuff for at home and it is the same process and chemicals for 35mm or the medium format, just dif size film.

1 Like

OP-Z. Had my eye on it for ages but glad that I waited. Meant that getting acquainted is a lot easier than it would have been pre Elektron experience.

It suits me down to the ground and love how intuitive it is without a screen.

1 Like

Nice! I have some old cameras around that I never try to use, just find them to be beautiful. Kudos for keeping medium-format photography alive :metal:

9 Likes

SEM filter arrived for the Avalon. The R:OTA filter was feeling a bit over worked, so got it some company to share the acid duties :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Intention: to 808. When I get the right power supply.

12 Likes

I had this camera. A c330f?

Then i went to a Hasselblad 500cm.

Then medium format wasnt enough i wento to a toyo large format

But i did love the square compostionsšŸ™‚

1 Like

This one is C33, I think 330 might have been a later model? This is my first foray into medium format, after being very fascinated by my friendā€™s Hasselblad. Iā€™m excited to dig in. Itā€™s also the nicest camera Iā€™ve had as of yet, it def feels like itā€™s a step or two up from the consumer grade stuff Iā€™m used to shooting on, time will tell wether that makes any difference to my photos :joy:.

1 Like

Listen. Mamiya glass is the best kept secret. Loved it to bits. Be careful of light leaks on the seals as they can get gummy. Ive still got my Mamiya book by the infamous Bob Shell.(it lists all the Mamiyas).

2 Likes

I did a little feedback on the Maker Hart Loop 8 mixer after a few days of ownership (see above), What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2) - #4760 by DrOrthogonal

Itā€™s made a huge difference to me in terms of jamming with a few bits of kit. Iā€™ve now got the PT, Polivoks-M and MM2 plugged in along with the metronome output from my Bastl MIDI looper (which I can mute/unmute using the mixer mute as needed). I then output to my mini monitors and Tascam recorder.

If you have only a little space and a mix of stereo 3.5mm and mono 1/4" gear itā€™s the mutts nuts.

2 Likes

Thanks! Must of missed thatā€¦ looks like a good alternative / upgrade to a Midiman.

See? Iā€™m totally not Klaus :joy:

Happy to see it arrived! Have fun and let us know what you think of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m still not convinced :male_detective:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I gat new buttinz

21 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

I wasnā€™t home when they tried to deliver last night but I was able to pick it up from the post office on my way to work today. Had some time to play with presets on my lunch break and Iā€™m excited to dig into it more when I get home. First impressions of my first roland boutique, itā€™s heftier than I expected, feels more like an instrument than toy, which I wasnā€™t fully expecting and am rather pleased about.

9 Likes

Are there aftermrket :3lektron: key caps available? I must know more!

yea just open a ticket on the website asking for the buttons you want. I told em I wanna turn my Digitone ā€œstealth modeā€. they were like ā€œawesomeā€ :grin:

done

8 Likes