What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Free shipping from Greece to Seatown in two days. Impressive.

I just got it to have an excuse to huff lead fumes. I’m sure we’ll both perform nicely in that regard.

13 Likes

I got this awesome filter fuzz / feedback machine pedal in a trade. The plan is to acid !

PS: on the same day I got that tape from Mozyk record, you should all check out this album it’s awesome:

6 Likes

Caught me a fair deal last night with the Quadverb (upgraded to plus).
I immediately hooked it up to the cue outputs on the Octatrack so it goes Cue out > Tensor/Particle (L/R) > Quadraverb > Octatrack input C D.

I just finished programming my faderfox to control all the essential parameters so I can quickly tweak sounds on the fly. Made a quick jam with it:

(featuring the Braintec TB-3 on bassline duty and OTO Boum)

16 Likes

Plonk

Such a treat to mix, very clean and precise. Really not menu-divey, after selecting your core parameters (which is quick) you get pitch, decay, X and Y knobs to tweak manually or via CV. Really more performative and alive than I could have hoped.

It definitely does more than percussion:

9 Likes

Got hold of a used Livid DS-1 for a fair price.

Intent: make it work with Blackbox, Bluebox, Syntakt, AR or OT. Then use it mainly live on stage.

It’s a shame this company is no more. The build quality is excellent.

17 Likes

If this had DIN (or TRS) MIDI, it would be the perfect companion to any Digi box.

1 Like

I use a faderfox. Comes with 2*DIN midi, usb.

12 Likes

Yes, their kit is really HQ

1 Like

Elektron is thinking about building that with a keyboard attached (ala Digitone Keys). They’re going to call it Digitract.

1 Like

Jealous!

1 Like

Yes I intend to try Knot by Intech Studios to solve that, but currently doubtful I can make that work easily.
I can confirm that it works great with the 1010music gear, using an external PSU.

An obscenely expensive Apple camera connection kit cable that also allows for charging. I had a cheap cable before but it got very hot and I didn’t quite trust it anymore. My little battery powered Digitakt + iPad and this cable give me endless portable possibilities in a setup thats fits in a small backpack. Now I can top up my Digitakt and iPad batteries on the go with a power bank!

Is that a standalone midi controller or do you need a cpu to send midi to your hardware?

It’s class compliant and sends MIDI to its USB host. It was designed for Ableton and other DAWs, but works fine with, for example, Black- or Bluebox as hosts, it should also work with an ipad via cam kit (will test that tomorow). I don’t know whether it will work with intermediary hosts/hubs, such as the Kenton or the Knot (or even Overhub?). That would be cool, because I could connect it to my elektrons.

1 Like

How are the Blackbox and Bluebox working out in your setup?

1 Like

Couldn’t live without the Blackbox, it’s been the centrepiece of every gig I had with my band in the last four years and has been extremely reliable so far. I have two of them, just in case.
I also write/jam a lot of music on it, then record track-by-track and finish it in Ableton.

When playing live, I could never bring myself to trust digital mixers, so the Bluebox is more of a studio tool, where I can plug in multiple instruments and start jamming and recording, without having to start up a DAW, or fussing with my soundcard inputs. To be fair, I did play a couple of techno gigs with the Bluebox as my mixer and everything went well. Bluebox with scriptable controllers is great fun.

4 Likes

I had no intentions of buying another camera today, but I came across a Mamiya medium format camera for a fair deal. So now I guess I’m all in on medium format.

20 Likes

My m303 arrived today :raised_hands:

Thanks to @Airyck for encouraging me to be persistant/patient with Acidlab :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I’m thinking about m303 for a long time, sounds so good, what are you using to sequence it, slides?

1 Like

Will be sequenced by my Oxi One which I think will be a good pairing - will report back in the next couple of days with some experiments :test_tube:

3 Likes