What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

Yeah that’s great
It reminds me of a multitrack recorder !
This would be a good vibration :wink:
With a track 16 version…and a track 8 version

My vote is for a black box wavetable, followed by a black box analog mono synth with P-Lock rachet :drooling_face:

Tired of analog monosynths. There’s enough of those damn things out there.

But granular synths!

I know you can kindof fudge Octatrack and Digitone into pseudo-granular stuff by using retrigger/LFOs/etc, but there’s no per-grain envelope or other things to really smooth out the sound (some reverb/filtering tricks can be used but still…).

I’m finding myself really drawn to Reason 10’s new Grain synth instrument. I’d love to see something like this in Digi* form. (Or somehow see better granular support somehow added to Digitakt/Octatrack). There are very few granular synths out there in hardware, most from really small manufacturers with limited supply / high prices / or in funky little boxes like Microgranny.

6 Likes

Worthy successors to Monomachine and Machinedrum in Digi format. I still regret not buying an MD when they sold the last batch and I keep telling myself it’ll be worth the wait.

4 Likes

For there to be so much demand in the market for recreations of these boxes, it’s only a matter of time before they never do it :smiley:

4 Likes

Wavetable DIGI machine for growling DNB midbass tones and ambient soundscapes. something like Waldorf microwave XT in a portable format. With analog filters and dedicated percussion physical synth (like chromaphone)

4 Likes

DIGI-anything with AH filters!

3 Likes

its called then Behritron Model D - ‘The BlaHoo’

I’d love to see a DT Mkii. It’s kinda early days, but hey, the Heat got a refresh pretty quick.

Main things I’d want:

A larger drive : 16gb too much to ask?
Stereo samples, sampling, input
Compatibility with OB2 from the get go

1 Like

This is now making me remember how much I wish for Elektron to produce a Digiwave.
Actually, if Elektron did decided to make a wavetable synth, but not in Digi format (a la Rythm or OT), what would it be called?

Mine!

6 Likes

Elektron 9ineWave(because it sounds like sine wave)

monomachine mk3

2 Likes

I’d like to see a modern keyboard sampler + synth.

Digitakt mk2 please.
More effects, (automations for effects) more lfo’s per track, more knobs, maybe 2 of eight tracks in stereo and stereo input for recording, internal battery for standalone usage for at least 3 hours.
But same outstanding summing engine and workflow.
I’d sell my soul for such digitakt upgrade)

Digitone in full size format with more of everything (voices, algorithms, operators) and something like control all or performance macros.

1 Like

Physical modeling box in digitone format.
they should team up with mutable instruments or AAS

5 Likes

4 x software simulated SID chip in Digibox form factor.

2 Likes

Or with Olivier Gillet and bring Plaits/Elements/Clouds/Rings as Elektron Styled Take on physical modeling.

7 Likes

Yes, this would be my Box of dreams