What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

4 voice digital subtractive synth with a centralized modulation matrix(similar to MDs 16 LFOs across the entire Machine) but with envelopes and the like, and FM speed multipliers.

Basically a digital version of the Analog 4 but with all of the resources poured into a single metaphorical bucket

2 Likes

If digital, than at least 32 voices. And multitimbrality.

3 Likes

Mono machine, Sid station and Machine drum ā€œre-issuesā€ in DT//DN format. So gutted I missed these first time round.

1 Like

Iā€™ve probably written it before, but I would really like to see them implement a coherent UI across all their machines. Last night I thought Iā€™d run into an issue with the A4ā€™s ARP, because all Iā€™d used the past few days was the DNā€™s.

2 Likes

and make it open source so we can fix bugs ourselves

3 Likes

Elektron flagship similar to Waldorf Quantum in AK formfactor
Electron would do it better than Waldorf could

No drum samplers please --for the last 20 years all we have been getting is drum samplers
Both the Walfdoft Quantum and Korg Microsampler just are so much better as musical instruments in the sampling dept than that OT/DT/AR MK2
Bring back the keyboard sampler

2 Likes

Rotary mixer with nice filters

1 Like

Since GAS still keeps coming back: Give me an Octatrack 2 with at least 512MB RAM, streaming to disk, 2 more stereo ins, 1 more cue out, modernized effects and at least 48kHz.

=> mixer + recorder + all the goodness thatā€™s already there.

7 Likes

Multitrack recorder !

1 Like
  • A Digi Drum Synth. I just want a Digi form-factor hardware with MicroTonic-style sound engine. P-locks, control-all, etc.
  • A small-ish (AK or Minilogue size) keyboard sampler with a range of classic sampler emulation possibilities plus new wild fx.
  • More fx on Digitakt.
2 Likes

Mixer with a multi fx engine where you can put 4 fx on per channel.
A new Digital drum machine

1 Like

A Digirytm but with some kind of Nord drum synth engine and the big mk2 form factor with pads.

4 Likes

A ā€œbreakout boxā€ for the Digitakt and Digitone (and perhaps Octatrack), hooked via USB-host, providing 8 additional analog audio outputs. Just something extra like the CV Split cable they did.

This is for people who like to stay hardware-only and just want the separate outputs without Overbridge.

I already make plans to direct-out every overbridge stream back into my analog mixing deskā€¦ what a wasteful way of doing this. I hope it is possible to somehow engineer a dongle that is essentially a hardware-overbridge, simply extracting the audio streams to A/D

9 Likes

I would buy a Digitakt to go with this box.

2 Likes

Ah ! Wonā€™t happen Iā€™m afraidā€¦ But I would definitely buy this !

Please make something grey to match the OTmk2, itā€™s lonely. Makes me thing thereā€™s some silver box rehash in the works. Seems like a weird design choice, looks great but why is it the only thing in grey. Alternatively black faceplates would do

3 Likes
1 Like

I would love an export to Ableton Set function. That was one of the only things I really liked about the Electribe 2s. Being able to save and export pattern chains as Ableton live sets was a dream. I wouldnā€™t even need overbridge at that point.

3 Likes

Iwuld like :
Nice Maj !