What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

I thought about the pulse but after my problems with the blofeld :cry:

It sounds so good. I don’t really mess with the built in sequencer so I can’t speak on that but it’s a no brainer to me. It’s the best sounding cheap mono synth on the market. Initially I was torn between that and the SE-02 but the sound and build quality of the Roland wasn’t even close.

The built in patches are hit or miss but this guy sold me on getting it. His patches are really nice.

3 Likes

I used the cheapest mono synth with OT arp / dark in this one :

4 Likes

What’s the sound source?

(https://www.instagram.com/p/BonnGfsg-b1/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1ekjteyklgdkb)

Octatrack’s metronome. :wink:
Octatrack Metronome Only Warp Experiment Science Lab

7 Likes

I have a Pulse 2. It‘s a great synthesizer. The demos on youtube really don‘t do it justice. In Germany you can find em used for as little as 300€

2 Likes

I want a studio beast that incorporates all their units in one powerhouse machine.

1 Like

I want you to make some studio videos so I can see how the magic is made

3 Likes

I like those :

What problems? Knobs? I sold mine for the Micromonsta, no regrets.

Known problems with Pulse 2?

1 Like

The displays tend to become loose a bit after a while. Wih no impact on functionality afaik

2 Likes

Thou shalt not sell datt Blofeld nor datt Pulse 2!! :wink:

1 Like

I would say the AS-1 is one of the best sounding (new) analogs I’ve ever used…for bread and butter sounds inc bass. I own/owned several analog synths including OB6 & REV2 but the AS-1 is my goto for bass and basic mono sounds. Sound makes up for the shortcomings such as interface and sequencer & ive got used to programming it via the 2 knobs.

2 Likes

Is there a Pulse 2 vs As1? :slight_smile:
Concerning the Pulse 2, I like the full midi implementation, paraphonic possibilities (limited digital pulse osc apparently).

A bit off topic, still about mono synth, but I really enjoyed the XOX Heart I soldered recently! 100€, 115$, sequenced with A4 CV, through Analog Drive! :wink:
Acid registry…

1 Like

I actually like the 2 knob interface. I can move pretty quickly with it. Though I usually use the editor on my computer. I never use the on board sequencer though. I prefer the OT or piano roll in my DAW.

1 Like

This is my idea for what I would like to see next from Elektron. I want it to be the size of the DT/DN and have two pairs of stereo inputs. The purpose of the machine would be to process/mix two stereo sound sources. It would have a few circuits borrowed from the AH per channel, EQ/filters per channel, and FX (compression, SRR/BRR, tape sim, etc) per channel.

The real trick of the machine would be its ability to use either sound source as modulation sources. This would allow for all types of dynamic FX from simple sidechain compression to dynamic EQs (or even dynamic overdrive, etc).

I’m confident this would be a huge hit.

3 Likes

It would be a huge hit if they could sell them “cheap” (like at the price of an Analog Heat, so not that cheap, but still effortable).

But looking at the Heat and its functionalities the new box would need at least twice the hardware. So it would probably sell at a pricepoint that even beats the Analog Rytm.

$999-$1199 would be a good price point to me. Keep in mind there is no sequencer, only a few options from the heat, and nowhere near the amount of 1/8 outputs or buttons, etc. the RYTM has. Stating the price needs to be right seems like a trivial statement to make considering this would need to be the case for any suggestion made in this thread.

I don’t want to see a Model:Tone or Model:Synth, a simplified Digitone but I’m afraid that is highly probable.

6 Likes

I was sort of thinking that I would like to see a Model: Drum, with MD-style drums, but at the price point, I wonder if it would be better to just get a Volca Drum to sequence with the DT or even just sequence Microtonic with the DT in OB.

If they came out with an updated flagship MD UW MKIII, I would definitely buy it to run along with my DT.

2 Likes