What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

I want you to make some studio videos so I can see how the magic is made

3 Likes

I like those :

What problems? Knobs? I sold mine for the Micromonsta, no regrets.

Known problems with Pulse 2?

1 Like

The displays tend to become loose a bit after a while. Wih no impact on functionality afaik

2 Likes

Thou shalt not sell datt Blofeld nor datt Pulse 2!! :wink:

1 Like

I would say the AS-1 is one of the best sounding (new) analogs Iā€™ve ever usedā€¦for bread and butter sounds inc bass. I own/owned several analog synths including OB6 & REV2 but the AS-1 is my goto for bass and basic mono sounds. Sound makes up for the shortcomings such as interface and sequencer & ive got used to programming it via the 2 knobs.

2 Likes

Is there a Pulse 2 vs As1? :slight_smile:
Concerning the Pulse 2, I like the full midi implementation, paraphonic possibilities (limited digital pulse osc apparently).

A bit off topic, still about mono synth, but I really enjoyed the XOX Heart I soldered recently! 100ā‚¬, 115$, sequenced with A4 CV, through Analog Drive! :wink:
Acid registryā€¦

1 Like

I actually like the 2 knob interface. I can move pretty quickly with it. Though I usually use the editor on my computer. I never use the on board sequencer though. I prefer the OT or piano roll in my DAW.

1 Like

This is my idea for what I would like to see next from Elektron. I want it to be the size of the DT/DN and have two pairs of stereo inputs. The purpose of the machine would be to process/mix two stereo sound sources. It would have a few circuits borrowed from the AH per channel, EQ/filters per channel, and FX (compression, SRR/BRR, tape sim, etc) per channel.

The real trick of the machine would be its ability to use either sound source as modulation sources. This would allow for all types of dynamic FX from simple sidechain compression to dynamic EQs (or even dynamic overdrive, etc).

Iā€™m confident this would be a huge hit.

3 Likes

It would be a huge hit if they could sell them ā€œcheapā€ (like at the price of an Analog Heat, so not that cheap, but still effortable).

But looking at the Heat and its functionalities the new box would need at least twice the hardware. So it would probably sell at a pricepoint that even beats the Analog Rytm.

$999-$1199 would be a good price point to me. Keep in mind there is no sequencer, only a few options from the heat, and nowhere near the amount of 1/8 outputs or buttons, etc. the RYTM has. Stating the price needs to be right seems like a trivial statement to make considering this would need to be the case for any suggestion made in this thread.

I donā€™t want to see a Model:Tone or Model:Synth, a simplified Digitone but Iā€™m afraid that is highly probable.

6 Likes

I was sort of thinking that I would like to see a Model: Drum, with MD-style drums, but at the price point, I wonder if it would be better to just get a Volca Drum to sequence with the DT or even just sequence Microtonic with the DT in OB.

If they came out with an updated flagship MD UW MKIII, I would definitely buy it to run along with my DT.

2 Likes

Yeah if Elektron makes a wavetable synth, which I really hope they will, it better be at least in Digi format. I donā€™t mind the new Model: format as long as there are the better options.

In a nod to the OP-Z, all the clever stuff is invisible on the hardware (but has a nice iOS/Mac/PC/Android GUI if you need it):

Overbridge Host Mode: use as an analog audio breakout/MIDI USB to DIN box for any Overbridge device

Midi control over

• Matrix routing
  • Levels/Mutes
  • internal FX engine; separate chorus, delay, reverb, filter assignment to all channels.
  • Compressor
  • modulate FX parameters from your midi sequencer

DC coupled so you can alternatively use any channels as a CV IO to MIDI IO

Use just with USB power as a desktop micro mixer if you want to get away from using it as an OB soundcard

4 Likes

There are already 2 with MnM and OT. :wink:
Wavetable synthesis

Nice, but Iā€™d prefer 8 stereo In/Out and full standalone possibility (hence display).

1 Like

Tada!

2 Likes

Aaah Man im right with you on this one. I have been thinking of buying the machiedrum to pair with digitakt. But i think it would take a while for me to learn how to use one. Love the perc sound MD can do thoā€¦

1 Like

I want to se a remake of the MD with maybe a digi/tone form. Analog perc and drums. It can even be an MD mk3 that is upp to date with like the mk2 series of octa/rytmā€¦

1 Like

Well done but surely a ā€œDigiwaveā€ would be an entirely different experience.

This didnā€™t get much love in /r/synthesizers, I guess it might be better received here:

Iā€™d love a machine that combines the accessibility and immediacy of the DT with the depth of the OT. Iā€™ve been thinking a bit about what Iā€™d like to see in such a device and Iā€™ve come up with the following:

• Octatrack form factor
  • Digitakt display (oh, yes please!)
  • time-stretching samples
  • kits per pattern, at least as an option (no parts necessary)
  • mutes let the last trigged sound ring out like on the DT
  • 2 dedicated FX slots per sample track (as with the OT now), but:
  • 4 assignable return tracks for send FX
  • all current OT effects except for reverb, which could be replaced by the DT reverb
  • OT-like scenes and slider
  • 8 MIDI tracks (or 16) with MIDI editing like on the Digitone
  • thru track/live resampling implementation that an average human person can wrap their head around in a few minutes
  • Overbridge (!)

Bonus points for:

• 16 sample tracks instead of 8
  • VST/AU support for the FX
  • while weā€™re at it, 6 (or hell, why not 8) sampling inputs

Iā€™d easily pay over 2k for this thing, even without the VST support, which would probably be hard to pull off anyway, or the other bonus features.

Any thoughts? Did I miss anything? What would you like to see?

1 Like