Using two sound on the same trig line?

[edit] sorry, my bad. misunderstood your answer. have only read it halfway, thought it had to do with my Video :wink:

Anyway, for reference: This is a quick and Dirty Example how the stuff shown in my Video works with Samples as well :slight_smile:

http://sendvid.com/7cumpmw6

1 Like

@umonox Your technique is to utilise steps for different pitches on each pass (very cool too) not simultaneous sounds on 1 step which isn’t what this thread is about either, confused? You should be :rofl:

I used overlap recently with A4, one track arp for a pad, it works really well. :slight_smile:
Microtiming + TRC is great to alternate notes, and it works well with OT to alternate samples played at (almost) same position.
I use % and /PRE.

1 Like

You can have two samples sounding on the same trig, same track. You put them on the left & right channels. Use spatialiser with M/S on and mid gain down. Then plock the pan to control their relative levels, or control it with the crossfader, or even use the trigs-nudged-up-close trick and use conditional.

Good for kick/snare/both economising

9 Likes

@Clancy that’s genius.

Another thing you could do is use midi loopback and set two tracks to the same channel if you want more control and you’re willing to sacrifice a track. Combine that with the spatialiser trick and you’ve got up to 4 layers for making drums

1 Like
3 Likes