Using two sound on the same trig line?

hey there guys all good?

im trying to use 2 or more sounds on teh same track and manualy play them and record on the same line of trigs (sequencer) is it possible ? and how?

1 Like

Each track can only play one sample at a time.

You can use one sound at a time per track but you can use a different sample using sample locks. It will cut off the previous sound, but basically hold down a trig in record mode and turn the level knob, you can scroll to a sample on the list and assign it to that trig

4 Likes

i know its a way that i can put together two different samples in the same track … i’ve seen it .

Yes, you can. They are called sample locks. You just can’t have them on the same trig.

1 Like

Sorry, when you said play and record on the same line of trigs I assumed you meant 2 samples simultaneously on a track, if you mean for example record into the sequencer an open and closed hi-hat then you can use the trig mode set to slots and play them in from the trig buttons - is that what you are after?

how ca i do it ?? :slight_smile:

What JB said. Or look in the handbook for “sample locks”

Change trig mode to slots.

3 Likes

And if you want to play with slots, you can quantize rec, and play (samples can be played synced to quantize play setting).

For clarity:
-Tracks mode will live record each track sound to its individual track, placing trigs on different tracks…
-Slots mode will live record the the sample slots as trigs with appropriate sample locks, on one track…

1 Like

do i have to be on a espefic mode setting to be able to do it?

Sample chains are another option if you want to record you patterns by playing the trig keys live.

found it guyus tinks a bunch ! much love

just partially true :wink: if the sounds have slightly longer Attack, you can create the illusion of having up to three Sounds on the same Step with Trig Conditions and Microtiming. I once showed how this works right here:

Although this is for the Analog Four, the same principle applies to every other Elektron Machine that has the Trig Conditions and Microtiming. This includes the Octatrack! You just use different Samples instead of different Notes in that case.

With OT you can’t hear several samples at the same time on the same track. No overlap. Without Fx of course.

Well, you can use resampling :rofl:

1 Like

No. Resampling is bad. :smile:
Anyway after resampling you can play only one sample. :wink:

Until you resample again :crazy_face:

1 Like

Resampling? :thinking: oddly just this moment I’ve dug up this old post, it’s pretty awesome:

2 Likes