Timetosser FX box

I likes it!

3 Likes

Although it doesnā€™t do anything that canā€™t be done in traktor, both quicker and more in sync, I would actually like to see this in use with a synth, grrovebox or drum machine.

I feel in that environment it could be an interesting device. If itā€™s being pitched as a DJ tool, as the video suggests, then it feels a little pointless.

Iā€™m always on the hunt for some hardware version of ā€œThe Fingerā€ or ā€œBeatLookUpā€ for my Elektron rig.

1 Like

definition of ā€˜tosserā€™ in uk

Noun. tosser (plural tossers) (Britain, slang, pejorative, vulgar) A male who masturbates. (Britain, slang) An objectionable male, often somewhat obnoxious in demeanour. That bloke who ripped me off was a right tosser.

4 Likes

Latest version of this.
Timetosser

(Notice the cameo in video by the Elektron Machinedrum !)

Itā€™s look like theyā€™ve been doing their homework on this.

Alter Audio ā€“ Timetosser

It will be going on Kickstarter June 1st.

3 Likes

YES!!! I need this exact thing

I do wish theyā€™d try some different names for the device

1 Like

how is this any better than a Kaoss Pad for example?

Itā€™s newer ?
If itā€™s cheap it might compete , as mentioned kpad is under Ā£200 2nd hand , audio into a cheap tr8 will do scatter and octatrack can do this stuff though itā€™s towards Ā£600+ 2nd hand

But itā€™s small and convenient , sometimes thatā€™s enough.
Time tumbler
Time twister
Time tamer

1 Like

Timetosser is the greatest name for anything ever.

6 Likes

Too me just having buttons as opposed to an xy pad in a tiny device to do beat jumping makes it more appealing than a Kaoss Pad.
If the signal is louder than a Kaoss Pad, even better.

1 Like

I like the form factor, other than that it seems a bit limited IMHO
Wish we could have something similar in format, but for transitioning between patterns on Elektron machines:
sampler with different time lengths (say 1/2/4/8 bars), crossfader to shift from input to loop, EQ (lo/mid/hi) for both the input and the recorded loop.
Iā€™ve pitched this idea so many times nowā€¦ hehe

1 Like

Missed opportunity not having a tosspot knob.

And they could have had fun with a bypass switch too, tossoff.

:laughing:

11 Likes

why do the eight buttons trigger the same slice all the time, it makes no sense to have 8 buttons do the same, instead it would have been nice if every button would trigger a different slice in the loop and the ability to record patterns is missing too.

1 Like

I thought thats what it was doing, maybe I missed that.
I basically want BeatLookUp functionality in a tiny hardware device

Using it too often makes you go blind

2 Likes

Hi Dibek, Tim here (from alter.audio).
The 8 buttons donā€™t do the same thing really. Timetosser is basically a quantised audio delay. For every button you move further to the right gives you one extra step of delay in your audio signal (with the steps being selectable to 1/4(T), 1/8(T) and 16(T)). The sound you will hear when pressing a button on the top row depends on when you press it. This way, by playing patterns, youā€™re able to reconstruct the incoming music rithmically. There will be patterns that you can you can trigger when holding down a button, Iā€™m currently working on a nice way to make these user programmable / recordable. You can always use the MIDI input to sequence it though.

9 Likes

Hi Tim. I like your product, I think thereā€™s probably a pretty good market for it too but you do know what tosser means in the UK and quite a few other territories, right?
This isnā€™t me having a dig, I actually really like the name, but Iā€™m quite an edgy bastard. Just making sure weā€™re all on the same page.
Again, genuinely not trying to take the piss. Iā€™d hate for you to put hard work and care into making a product, only to find a bunch of dickheads from the UK, Australia and the like taking the piss because we canā€™t hear the word tosser without losing our shit.

2 Likes

Oh man, I read the thread, then afterwards watched the video. The one with the young lass saying ā€˜timetosserā€™ is pure gold!

Sorry @timistof , but Jazz Jerker, Warp Wanker or Funk Fapper are probably not a good idea eitherā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

It looks very nice, are there other fx planned for it, like delay with phaser/filter/flanger/decay/reverb/srr etc? Also does it have handling to avoid clicks and pops where the non zero crossing occurs?