The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Depending on how you’re using the FX track, you could set a conditional or cue-able LFO trig to fade amp volume of tracks sent to fx block, though I agree fade out would be very cool to have as part of the song end options.

1 Like

i think im gonna need kits, unless i can reconfigure my brain to focus on curating the audio pool per project. but thats not really the same as they arent tied to tracks

but one major thing for me is the ability to audition retrigs in lieu of an arpeggiator for sort of creative ratcheting of things like a double-kick at the beginning of a bar

1 Like

The FX block is such an interesting concept and along with the largely untapped Modifier concept it could get really useful as a creative song effect. I’m imagining some kind of Elektron version of Roland’s Scatter effects used on the MC-101/MC-707. I’d love to be able to define four live effects as one of the Modifier targets that can be activated similarly to Fill, e.g. a high-pass filter, a filter envelope that retriggers every 16/32th steps while holding a key in. Basically, p-locked FX block steps accessible from the Modifier keys.

Honestly, the FX block concept is so powerful, and the Modifier concept is so barebones today that I’d bet a lot of cash on Elektron transforming how these concepts are used over the coming year. They’d be crazy not to.

I also truly believe that this is what sets the Syntakt apart from the other machines. I wrote it off as a glorified Model:Cycles earlier this year, but there is creative gold to be found in that FX block!

7 Likes

agreed, there’s a whole world of possibilities with the modifier paradigm. interesting to see how they develop it.

2 Likes

Another idea for the Modifiers: as a temporary Ctrl+All state that can be recalled and reprogrammed.

The workflow would be: you select one of the Modifier slots, eg M3, and then those four trigs (13 to 16) could be held down instead of Track while twisting a knob. The difference is that after letting go of the trig, it would remember which knobs you twisted and by how much so the next time you just hold down that same trig, it would jump to that ctrl+all state until you release it again. Hold the trig and press Clear to clear the programmed ctrl+all automation.

Example: hold down [13] and select the Filter page and turn the Cutoff down, then let go of [13]. The next time you press [13], it will turn down the filter on each track with that same amount again, so it’s like an instant “underwater” filter effect that you can activate on the fly.

Then hold down [14] and select Amp and bring the Delay and maybe delay feedback up. Now the next time you hold down [14], you get that delay effect to activate.

In theory, you could hold down more than one step to combine various ctrl+all states. Hold Fill at the same time and you’ve got yourself an incredible transition effect.

Bonus points if they add a way to control the fade in time of the effect (from just a binary on/off when pressing the trig, to some fade in time for a predefined amount of steps).

This is just one of many potential ways of leveraging the Modifiers in creative ways. Hopefully Elektron will come up with something even more magical.

9 Likes

Sounds a lot more useful than the current implementation. configurable creep in of values a good solution , no dials needed …

1 Like

Chorus is achievable through the FX block by modulating the delay.

1 Like

Sure, but that’s a pretty limited work around. I’d much prefer a proper independent chorus effect.

1 Like

Adding the other performance macros (MW, PB, BC, AT) as Trig Mod targets would seem like a good step in this direction that might be pretty simple to implement. (The new update expands the possibilities for the Velocity trig mod, but the others would be even more flexible.

2 Likes

Well at least it´s applicable to independent tracks today. Not a bad workaround I would say. They have painted themselves a bit in a corner, as I see it, to add a dedicated send chorus fx now since Digitone has an additional, dedicated button/page for chorus settings which Syntakt hasn´t.

1 Like

There are a number of times I couldn’t get portamento to just be a legato slide back and forth after the filter decays, I will have to look at the machine.

I will have to confirm if I feel it’s a bug or something that needs to be added. I turned off both amp and filter resets but for some reason, every time I would change notes with portamento on, yes the note would slide, but the sound itself aside from the pitch seemed to be reset each time.

Hi yoo all!
I’m writing in regards to potential improvements to the use of Elektron devices by musicians who play Elektron instruments and a second instrument at the same time, such as guitar, piano, drums.

Feature request 1:
Enabling the control of [Arrow Up], [Arrow Down] and [Yes] buttons via midi.

Feature request 2:
In the Song Mode, the ability to create rows that jump and activate any other row.

Feature request 3:
In the Song Mode, the activation of a row simultaneously leads to the selection of the next row.

Feature request 4:
Entering the Song Mode selects the row with the currently active pattern, and selects the left column used to activate patterns, or it simply remembers the last selection position when returning to the Song Mode.

I have described the exact context and an explanation of why specific improvements make a big difference in a video on YT: Fastest pattern switching on Elektron instruments?

All the best!

1 Like

Track locking, a substitute for kits on machines that don’t support them, where individual tracks can be set to not change on pattern change.

I’ve provided a detailed description of my implementation in this thread, which is quickly gaining support: We're unlikely to get kits on the Dark Trio, but I had an idea

Bring your thoughts and/or upvotes and let’s see if Elektron notices. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Will be great to add in the song mode some improvements:

1. when looping is enabled (row repeat) make it possible to jump to any row of the song at the end of the loop ( row length)
  2. switch the mutes according to loop of the raw length - like to AR/A4 behaviour
  3. renaming the row label - 3-4 user names
2 Likes

Have found another one:

+1 to solo’ing stuff on this machine and it’s siblings pls!

6 Likes

I’m sure it’s been stated but the ability to UNselect tracks in control all (kind of how the FX block you can select or unselect tracks that go into it)

3 Likes

It must have been said a thousand times already, but more LFOs please! two per track is killing me. -_____-

2 Likes

The processor is already at its limit due to the
song mode.

Well, that is disappointing :frowning:

I’m sure they’ll optimize things more. It’s new hardware and software. Glitching and performance issues can be caused by any number of things that can put more than expected load on the processors.

1 Like