The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Anyone can remind Elektron email for feature requests?

feature-request@elektron.se

4 Likes

I’ve sent my letter off to Santa asking for:

• Note based P-Locks (think slicing samples to keys on Digitakt, Basstation “AFX Mode”/“patch per key” for Syntakt)

• Scale locked Tune parameter

• Separate L/R external input routing to the FX block

LFO2 for midi tracks would be nice as well, but if the three above were implemented I’d be such a happy chappy…

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

This “patch per key,” essentially “playable P Locks” page accessed via chromatic, would be very useful. Often requested for Rytm. Frankly, I’d use it more than Performance or Scenes.

2 Likes

What machines do people think are likely to be added to Syntakt? What would you like to see? I’d really like Wavetable, more physical modeling (Toy is nice), and sample waves. I think it’s missing a few machines in terms of sound design options to get it more on par with Elektron’s past devices in this price bracket.

5 Likes

wavetable, 12 bit UW.

7 Likes

Multi Map ? Probably my main feature request. Present on A4, DT oops meant DN, and something a bit different on MD.

User wavetable, simple sample player, a machine with very high gain distortion, neighbor fx, other fm algorithms, more physical modeling, hypersaw, polyphonic…

9 Likes

I didn’t know A4 and DT had it. Lucky owners! Hopefully one day for ST and AR.

And you nailed it, i agree those are all the biggest areas for improvement/additions on ST. For now I would be really satisfied with user wavetable and sample. But I totally forgot to mention or didn’t think about the high gain distortion, other FM algos, additional poly machines (including proper note entry). Those would be killer. I can see us getting more FM algos first just due to their tendency toward them.

Definitely hoping a potential sample player will be crunchy UW!

2 Likes

Oops, sorry, I meant DN for Digitone not Digitakt !
Multi Map is a great feature !

3 Likes

Ngl, I booted my DT up when I read your post earlier and had to check, I then assumed it was a typo and you meant something else - I didn’t know the DN and A4 had it :smiley:

2 Likes

If a poly machine is not possible (I hope it is), an update to enter our own chords on chord machine would be appreciated (similar to entering chords on midi tracks)

8 Likes

Also the ability to quantise scales in the trig menu and not only just in the manual KB

7 Likes

This is actually brilliant

Slightly late to the song mode party… Guess I have to buy this now. :eyes:

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s in here but…
I really want notes on Trig menu to be locked to chosen scale .

5 Likes

I don’t know if anyone has brought this up already, but I would really like it if the LFOs could modulate parameters on the trig page. It seemed like an oversight to me at first, but apparently it’s a persistent one.

4 Likes

Don’t, no arp yet. :content:

Yes at least with button press, so that it would work with control all.

Btw, still no transpose…

Other feature request : Song Pointer Position for song mode, in order to sync other gear songs.

Offset and transpose for song rows

Yes, at least velocity. Possible with midi loopback or external gear (velocity and some Trig page parameters can be controlled by midi CCs.)

2 Likes

phew!

1 Like

I honestly don’t understand why this thing doesn’t have polyphony. If it did I would be very tempted by it as an upgrade from my Roland MC-101.

4 Likes