The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

I guess they are doing exactly this, they just take their time to do it right. They can afford it. as the Syntakt is still selling well I guess and also they will make sure it stays relevant in the future. Remember when they came out with all the new machines for the Rytm, when nobody was expecting it.

People have begged for new machines for years but they stopped updating it. Even if some of them are just not good. The dual VCO on the other Hand was really nice. But I think they could have brought more versatile machines for the rytm but they didn‘t.

2 Likes
  • Glide
  • Allow users to use 4 MIDI tracks instead of macro performance
  • 4 LFO’s OR multiple destination per LFO
  • Global Compressor (+SC) like digitakt
  • Global FX/MIX like digitakt
  • Chorus like digitone
9 Likes

I think SY would really benefit from implementing simple sample player machine with time stretch and “streaming from disk” option to play longer loops and samples.

What Elektron sayz? No sampling?

1 Like

Primary: Global Compressor
Secondary: Chorus

the rest would be nice but these two would be great!

5 Likes

At the 20th (!) mention of chorus effects in this thread, an extra, just-in-case PSA:

I realize many are asking for chorus in addition to delay, like on Digitone. For just chorus, though, modulating a short delay time (20-50ms) with the FX track LFO is a bona fide chorus, and sounds fantastic

Delay time: ~2 (~1-4= 20-50ms @ 120bpm)
FX LFO1-> DEL TIME @ depth of ~.1 (.05-.25)
X (pingpong): on, width to taste

Explored in more depth in this thread, w video examples: Chorus on Syntakt: how-to and discussion

Since I’m finally posting in the request thread,

I’d take a second delay (tracks send to DEL1, FX track sends to DEL2), seems like it could be integrated into current UI

And:

Polyphony via “NEI” (neighbor) machine: inherit all settings from adjacent (n-1) track and catch a note of polyphony overflow. Stacking up to 4 times? Pretty please?

And another vote for Compressor!

11 Likes

Amongst other mentioned things, Elektron sequencers would make my day with a: NOT x:x probability option.

3 Likes

Not ideal, but there is a workaround placing a silent trig A:B before a trig /PRE (being the one you want to hear as a NOT x:x).

2 Likes

The rubber feet didn’t last for me. I suspect the heat in that case.

Suggestion : screwed rubber feet for the next generations.

1 Like

Moved this as it’s not a bug per se (nor exactly a Feature Request, but closer) - I suggest asking support if the testing they did suggested similar or if there’s an adhesive they might suggest etc etc, i think they’d want that feedback anyway !!

This happens on my cheap chromebooks when charging them up - total PITA

2 Likes

Thanks. I wasn’t sure either. It’s oscillating between a bug and a feature request.

1 Like

Happens on different machines. Stronger glue maybe ? That’s what I did…

1 Like

Maybe but screwed rubber feet would close the case.

For me, it was the first time on an Elektron box.

Happened with my OG OT. I have to glue it…btw

A picture of my former DT rubber : there is a plane part, easy to remove…
One rubber missing when I bought it. I’m about to remove all machines rubbers and glue them again.

1 Like

yes

also “slide” from the a4, and somehow make the master fx analog filter more usable as a sound design tool. i would love to be able to actually run the digital synth machines through their own analog filter, but i dont see one global filter as useful in that regard. im sure there are some env trig workarounds per fx block though

Feature Request:
Add Detune option to Chord Machine

• SYN page 2
  • uses a BBD style delay to produce a detune effect with increasing intensity

Would greatly assist the Chord Machine is “lusher” timbres. Since the Syntakt does not offer a Chorus send like previous Elektron boxes, I feel like the chord machine suffers the most. This offers a relatively simple way to improve the Chord machine and let it be more diverse.

UX issues:
A SYN page 2 might have some UX challenges, given that “double tap” on SYN button brings up machine select. I propose that a quick “double tap” versus a single SYN tap are different gestures.

3 Likes

This is great and I will try it shortly.

And now I want NOT Last.

1 Like

Different day, same requests for this fantastic box. Slides and any new machines are all it would take to shut me up!

-Parameter Slides
-New Machines (Wavetable, Vocal, Physical Modeling, Granular, short crunchy simple user Sample, stronger Chord machine, more Hi Hat options)
-shorter delay time option, for flanging modulation fx
-more polyphony options for digital and midi machines

3 Likes

More notes scala. For oriental melodies. Or Asian and indian. would be cool to be able to play old Turkish melodies with the syntakt. More machines. But I think this wish will be fulfilled in time.

6 Likes