The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

More notes scala. For oriental melodies. Or Asian and indian. would be cool to be able to play old Turkish melodies with the syntakt. More machines. But I think this wish will be fulfilled in time.

6 Likes

My wish listā€¦

• Multi-track machines: with expanded controls (like neighbor machines but the track next door to the track you are currently using offers expanded controls or a secondary sequencer)

(These could possibly be viewed or selectively routed on a secondary routing page shared with the FX block key combo)

• Non-audio machines: Macro Performance control tracks, global mod envelopes, or LFO machines with expanded controls.

(Thinking a contemporary take on the octas custom LFO or an internal midi macro track for Velocity/Aftertouch/Breath Control.)

• Sid Machine with phrases that can be stored within the machine and browsed like DT samples

• Chorus

• Compressor

• Portamento

• Slides

• Poly config

• and Iā€™m yelling into the vacuum but song modeeee

2 Likes

It would be great if they added:

Master compressor

2 separate mono inputs instead of one stereo input

At least one sample machine (or just hi-hat samples)

Uw machine

Glide

Chorus

Bitcrusher

2 Likes

Allow lfo to target trig page, eg the trigger % would be nice for adding slowly phasing randomness

2 Likes

a Sy Bits variant with ringmod and a second balance (instead of bitcrush and sample red). just something thatā€™s more mono synth like.

4 Likes

I think I mentioned this before, but this would be awesome to implement as below or similar:

• Selectable tracks can be summed into groups controlled by the same midi channel and converted to one sequencer track with a limit of four tracks max on digital or 3 on analog tracks (mirrored polyphony).

• Control All can be set to [All] or [Group] and latched if desired (per group).

I strongly believe this could be done, but does elektron want to do it? Probably not. One can dream though.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand the reason for the ā€œprobably notā€, especially due to the ā€œcould be doneā€.
The majority of new features have come from requests. I think Elektron wants each of their boxes to be as powerful and useful and inspiring as they can be. This tale has been told by all the firmware updates over the years.

2 Likes

Iā€™m with you there, but am a pessimist by nature :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty cynical, myself. However, Elektron feature updates have been a place that has actually made me more optimistic than elsewhere in life. They just keep making big things happen. Not in a every other month frequency or anything, but when the updates do drop, theyā€™re typically big leaps, and often surprising. And across so many boxes, I think of the machine updates on Rytm, the probability on OT, some of the Digitakt improvements. Definitely adding value to many devices.

Syntakt is so fresh, lots of room to grow, still.

3 Likes

While I do acknowledge the awesome updates they have put out for all the boxes, I still stand by my ā€œprobably notā€, because they have also shown rigidity in their set philosophy for each box. Who knows what they have planned for the the futureā€¦ maybe Syntone? Digitone also already has polyphony. If such an update to Syntakt would byte into sales of another device, it would not be a good financial decision.

On the other hand, Syntakt itself is a remix of ideas borrowed from other boxes + extra, so there is a possibility. And Elektron, if you are reading, I really hope you do this.

I want a Digitone added as a synth machine. And maybe a Digitakt. But that might be a bit much to ask for.

Dual VCO needs squarewave and more waveforms. Itā€™s lacking at this moment.

6 Likes

yes - square wave is the waveform that is indispensable ā€¦

2 Likes

Tell me. I want to mimic Juno line osc combo. Square + saw and sub on 6 or on JX3P it can even be 2 squarewaves!

Maybe add sub to Dual VCO too please. :heart_eyes::blush:.

3 Likes

Is there any speculation as to when we will see the next update?
Thereā€™s a lot of good(/imo important) feature requests in this thread that I was hoping would start being implemented by nowā€¦

I bet before 2 months max.
Bug corrections needed.

Iā€™d be more patient for that. :content:

If itā€™s not implemented in the circuit, then itā€™s extremely unlikely that it will ever happen. Ironically, square wave is the pretty much the easiest waveform to derive from any other.

Letā€™s just hope that it was deferred because their PWM implementation was so radical that they had to farm the work out to NASA.

2 Likes

Quantized tuning when tuning the tune knob, setting scales in settings.

1 Like
  • track 12 pre-configured: closed and open HH switch + choke
    or a 2nd analog cymbal channel + choke
  • pattern Nudging
  • locks macro templates
  • analog engine temperature stabiliser
  • 606/808/909/707/727 emulations
  • dry/wet control over the analog fx track (like with Analog Heath)