The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

I agree that it’s a design decision and not a technical impossibility. But it might be the right design decision.

1 Like

might be, might not…i am on the fence

I don’t think they are hardwired in such a way that we couldn’t have the analog tracks on 1-4. But stating that “let’s have 12 tracks of analog machines, it’s just buttons linked to the inside!” made we want to respond with a bit of irony, as it is already a very technical challenging engineered device.

@NeonBlackCat You’re right that it was not a very positive and friendly response. My apologies and having 12 analog machines would be really awesome of course but technically somewhat impossible to fit in this form factor. Would be nice though :wink:

4 Likes

I believe this to be true, due to my experience sending back my Syntakt for repair.

No! Unless Elektron are a bunch of electronic kids which they are not, the Buttons are all on some kind of controller board which is a different layer than the sound engine. I have not looked into this thing but noone would build it that way.

1 Like

Either way, you cannot multiply real electronic circuits with just a different software. It‘s not like they are bionics and growing or reproducing inside of the machine. Analog=dedicated real physical circuits. A certain dedicated area on the circuit board for each analog voice. That‘s why it gets warm. Lots of analog parts.

Who wants to multiply analog circuits? You don‘t multiply anything by making it available through a different button.

Or, why would you want to be able to assign analog parts to other tracks? It‘s good to know where they are!

Sounds like it.

What is ment is that you could also choose lets say track 1 to be the analog track and track 9 could be a digital track if you choose so. After all you would still have not more than 4 analog and 8 digital. You would just choose your own layout.

1 Like

Ok,I see the intention, but I also like it the way it is. Let‘s say you always want to have your kick on track 1, whatever the machine is.

Anyway, ain‘t gonna happen. It‘s printed on the front plate and Elektron would never change it for the current design. It‘s part of their heritage from Rytm also.

Let‘s focus on what‘s possible.

You could have a point there :wink: …lets focus on log/exp envelopes. After all this should be a drum machine :wink:

2 Likes

I‘d like to have true polyphonic parts, an arpeggiator, and up to 8 notes per step for Midi parts, like on the Digitone. Also, please introduce the per project setting option for internal/external mixer and effect settings from the other Digis! I was surprised it is not already there.

1 Like

I do think it would be nice to have an “expert mode” option which unlocks the analog machines to be on any track (still same limitations of four tracks of course).

I want to have my kick on 1, snare/clap on 2, hats on 3 and bass on 4. Regardless of whether they are analog or digital. That way I can build performance muscle memory. I can’t do that right now.

3 Likes

Literally all I want is for the midi machines to stop filtering out pitch bend and mod wheel when sent from a midi keyboard.

But if we’re being picky a chorus effect would certainly be welcome.

2 Likes

I was dubitative at first, but on paper it doesn’t seem a bad idea. On Rytm there are 12 tracks for 8 voices. More tracks (with different sounds) than analog circuits make sense. Or use analog tracks for more digital voices…

So I like the idea, but I have to admit sometimes I was struggling with track choices for the shared ones on the Rytm, and I guess it will be easier for me to be close to default machines assignments…:content:

3 Likes

If Syntakt will not have a good update - I’wont buy anything from Elektron for quite some time then…

What bothers me the most is that it is basically a recycling machine but it doesn‘t recycle what people are screaming for. Then at least develop new machines.

I think the most useful addition would be the (master-)-compressor that the Digitakt has :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Master compressor, pre or post AFX, and a way to boost signals more in order to have more distortion in AFX. Eventually a digital distortion in AMP page, a booster switch…Too weak as is, even with everything maxed.

A switch to send midi notes with non-midi machines, (as on AR/A4).

5 Likes