The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Sure, but that’s a pretty limited work around. I’d much prefer a proper independent chorus effect.

1 Like

Adding the other performance macros (MW, PB, BC, AT) as Trig Mod targets would seem like a good step in this direction that might be pretty simple to implement. (The new update expands the possibilities for the Velocity trig mod, but the others would be even more flexible.

2 Likes

Well at least it´s applicable to independent tracks today. Not a bad workaround I would say. They have painted themselves a bit in a corner, as I see it, to add a dedicated send chorus fx now since Digitone has an additional, dedicated button/page for chorus settings which Syntakt hasn´t.

1 Like

There are a number of times I couldn’t get portamento to just be a legato slide back and forth after the filter decays, I will have to look at the machine.

I will have to confirm if I feel it’s a bug or something that needs to be added. I turned off both amp and filter resets but for some reason, every time I would change notes with portamento on, yes the note would slide, but the sound itself aside from the pitch seemed to be reset each time.

Hi yoo all!
I’m writing in regards to potential improvements to the use of Elektron devices by musicians who play Elektron instruments and a second instrument at the same time, such as guitar, piano, drums.

Feature request 1:
Enabling the control of [Arrow Up], [Arrow Down] and [Yes] buttons via midi.

Feature request 2:
In the Song Mode, the ability to create rows that jump and activate any other row.

Feature request 3:
In the Song Mode, the activation of a row simultaneously leads to the selection of the next row.

Feature request 4:
Entering the Song Mode selects the row with the currently active pattern, and selects the left column used to activate patterns, or it simply remembers the last selection position when returning to the Song Mode.

I have described the exact context and an explanation of why specific improvements make a big difference in a video on YT: Fastest pattern switching on Elektron instruments?

All the best!

1 Like

Track locking, a substitute for kits on machines that don’t support them, where individual tracks can be set to not change on pattern change.

I’ve provided a detailed description of my implementation in this thread, which is quickly gaining support: We're unlikely to get kits on the Dark Trio, but I had an idea

Bring your thoughts and/or upvotes and let’s see if Elektron notices. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Will be great to add in the song mode some improvements:

1. when looping is enabled (row repeat) make it possible to jump to any row of the song at the end of the loop ( row length)
  2. switch the mutes according to loop of the raw length - like to AR/A4 behaviour
  3. renaming the row label - 3-4 user names
2 Likes

Have found another one:

+1 to solo’ing stuff on this machine and it’s siblings pls!

6 Likes

I’m sure it’s been stated but the ability to UNselect tracks in control all (kind of how the FX block you can select or unselect tracks that go into it)

3 Likes

It must have been said a thousand times already, but more LFOs please! two per track is killing me. -_____-

2 Likes

The processor is already at its limit due to the
song mode.

Well, that is disappointing :frowning:

I’m sure they’ll optimize things more. It’s new hardware and software. Glitching and performance issues can be caused by any number of things that can put more than expected load on the processors.

1 Like

Anyone can remind Elektron email for feature requests?

feature-request@elektron.se

4 Likes

I’ve sent my letter off to Santa asking for:

• Note based P-Locks (think slicing samples to keys on Digitakt, Basstation “AFX Mode”/“patch per key” for Syntakt)

• Scale locked Tune parameter

• Separate L/R external input routing to the FX block

LFO2 for midi tracks would be nice as well, but if the three above were implemented I’d be such a happy chappy…

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

This “patch per key,” essentially “playable P Locks” page accessed via chromatic, would be very useful. Often requested for Rytm. Frankly, I’d use it more than Performance or Scenes.

2 Likes

What machines do people think are likely to be added to Syntakt? What would you like to see? I’d really like Wavetable, more physical modeling (Toy is nice), and sample waves. I think it’s missing a few machines in terms of sound design options to get it more on par with Elektron’s past devices in this price bracket.

5 Likes

wavetable, 12 bit UW.

7 Likes

Multi Map ? Probably my main feature request. Present on A4, DT oops meant DN, and something a bit different on MD.

User wavetable, simple sample player, a machine with very high gain distortion, neighbor fx, other fm algorithms, more physical modeling, hypersaw, polyphonic…

9 Likes