The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Thanks for this!!!

I like those trig counts. Trigs with ratcheting and condition are great.
At least those could be featured in the dt midi sequencer, but they are missing

1 Like

Another sorely lacking feature for me is better mass transposition. If Iā€™ve sequenced a whole project in one key and I want to move it to another key, the only way to do so is to manually adjust every trig in the project.

I know I can use multiple fingers to move a few trigs at once, but this is still tedious. I should be able to select a whole track and transpose all of its trigs by an arbitrary amount.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t you just just use the ā€œcontrol allā€ function?

EDIT: nevermind, you only want to do one track

That is a good idea, but yeah the problem is if I have tracks with percussion samples (for example), I donā€™t want to transpose those ā€“ I only want to affect pitched samples and MIDI sequences.

Maybe try using control all to transpose the entire pattern to the pitch you want, save it to a new pattern location, and copy/paste only the track you wanted transposed back to the original pattern as a workaround.

1 Like

That does sound like a good workaround! Iā€™d still like to have per-track transposition, though.

1 Like

Would love a keyboard tracked LFO division option like on the analog four!

Forward and back (U-turn) for both sample loop and the sequencer.

1 Like

Donā€™t know if already mentioned.
But it seems when using control all, p-locked parameters stick to the p-locked value. So if you want to close the filter for all tracks, those with filter p-locks wonā€™t follow.
So maybe a control all priorityā€¦

Or am I completely wrong on that?

Still wanting Pong! On that oled screenā€¦

Iā€™m not sure if this is true for the filter actually, but definitely for some parameters, like pitch. I will have to check this tomorrow.

1 Like

I think I experienced that with pitch and reverb. Itā€™s lame if your pattern came to live because of many p-locks (which is what elektrons are about) but then you canā€™t really use the great control all as performance feature.
But really, Iā€™m still new to the DT, maybe Iā€™m wrong.

And as I write this, Iā€™m not sure how the OT handels this with itā€™s scenesā€¦ Have also to check tomorrow

Hi! I have a Digitakt since September and am mostly satisfied with it.
There are lots of cool suggestions and requests, but the thing I ask for the most is the ability to
switch the patterns instantly.

Without that, even with a 2 step ch. length, using the Digitakt in a dawless rig (without any options to set a track delay that I know of) switching the ā€œscenesā€ in time with Program Change is an annoying game of hit and miss.

P.S.
multiple conditions per trig, master compressor and a second LFO would be great as well
:sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Copy / Paste playing pattern to new location without having to wait for the pattern to change.

2 Likes

Iā€™d really like to seeā€¦

Scales (and root note) added to Chromatic mode

Direct/instant pattern change when receiving a program change

Zoom in the Waveform Editor

Thanks
Alex

3 Likes

I havenā€™t played much with my Digitakt yet as Iā€™m waiting for Overbridge so I can turn my DAW into some kind of Frankenstein. However, the features I would need the most are:

• Time Stretching.
  • Ability to load and swap samples into the Digitakt direct from the DAW. Being able to browse my Ableton folders via the Digitakt would be awesome, but simply loading the samples into a channel directly from Overbridge would also be very cool.
  • Band-pass and notch filter types. The notch filter is an important sound design tool for me.
  • PerTrack EQ. Not as important for me as I can do this in the DAW, but for people who use this machine live this is a must.
3 Likes

Iā€™ve had the Digitakt for a month and I am very happy with it - even more than I thought Iā€™d be, in fact! I know that itā€™s not possible to add features where there is no space for another control. But thereā€™s a few places where we could have more options and itā€™s easily doable.

• More filter types: band pass and notch are a must, other ones like comb would be super awesome
  • FWD-REV and FWD-REV LOOP sample playback modes
  • Retrigs on MIDI tracks
  • Save pattern chain as part of a project
2 Likes

All for saving chains but we were promised something better than just saving chains. A viable alternative for Elektronā€™s song mode, which is hard to imagine. Why not just give us the Elektron song mode?

Which is awesome and highly underrated. Want to jump to bar 3 of a pattern? You can. Program mutes? You can. And much more. I would love to get the standard Elektron song mode on the Digitakt.

3 Likes

A way to copy paste the project ram page would be pretty handy for when you run out of patterns.
Not so much a request for this machine but more fill options would be cool, either using more buttons to trigger different fills or something with a single button layout that would allow you to seperate fills into groups.