The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

You can somewhat do that with the X:Y conditions, funky use of retrigs and microtiming all the way into the neighbouring step. It only works if your drum roll isn’t relying too much on complex motion sequencing.

2 Likes

Yeah I figured if I would sample the seqeunce it could be done as well but I use very complex variations and it would take up lot of memory to have all those variations.

Thanks for suggestion, Ill have a try.

Retrigs are great in general, it’s been an eye opening experience once I began using them! A very useful tool for sequencing all sorts of transitions or random variations. The velocity parameter is a very good friend with the retrigs. It’s also nice that consecutive trigs cancel the retrig animation if they’re within range.

You can get quite some variation without taking up too much space on the sequencer.

1 Like

You can do that on AR. The retrigs have an adjustable velocity curve and there’s a velocity mod matrix that targets five parameters. You can turn off velocity to volume (or not) and have the velocity curve for the retrigs ramp up or down which in turn morphs the five user assignable parameters. Velocity curve and the five mod depths can all be set positive or negative…

3 Likes

Yeah I haven’t delved into using the transfer software, it seems like it will be useful for organizing folders in a way I’ll be most likely to use them. But as you say, there’s no one way to organize them that will be the most efficient in every case.

12 db bandpass filter.

2 lfo per track.

Improving the way the bit rate reduction works and possibly having sample rate reduction as well.

Significantly more storage space. But I guess that’s a hardware limitations.

Timestretch (If it sounds good)

Stereo sampling, unless it’s a hardware limitation of course. But probably don’t make much sense to have in a drum sampler. Unless you want to sample wide hats and claps or something like that of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Copy / Paste banks.

I’m using Digitakt mostly as a sampler, and using banks for a different flavors / variants of the same track. It would be super handy if I could just copy bank from one to another and not pattern-by-pattern as I have to do it right now

3 Likes

delete sample folder when not empty with FN + DELETE

EDIT; possible with elektron tranfer app! … still would be nice to be able to delete folder and sub folders within the machine!

1 Like

I wonder why the Digitakt does not interpret sustain loop tags when importing wave files. This is a well-documented part of the file header and there are millions of WAV files that contain loop tags. We could save a lot of time and adjust the loops comfortably on the computer with appropriate audio tools like WaveLab, Endless WAV etc.

Here is some documentation:

https://sites.google.com/site/musicgapi/technical-documents/wav-file-format#smpl

3 Likes

Everytime a new sampler comes out I say the same thing. Even Ableton’s sampler does not support this basic feature. The more cpu and memory we have, the less sampler use well known techniques akai/emu/roland 90s machines.

1 Like

in order of realism and importance:

1. scale per track
  2. remove unused samples from project easily
  3. timestretch would be nice but i understand…

the first two, especially the first one, have no excuses tho! would be a perfect machine with scales

1 Like

Model:Samples Feature Request: Make it a Digitakt
Digitakt Feature Request: Make it an Octatrack
Octatrack Feature Request: DPS-2 Please
:smile:

14 Likes

Adjust trigs/pages: turning encoder pages go 1, 1+2, 1+2+3, 1+2+3+4 (as per current function) keep turning encoder to go to 2+3+4, 3+4, 4 i.e. trigs are removed from the start of the pattern.
Step sequencing from the chromatic keyboard including slides/portamento and rests (maybe on the arrow keys?)

third wish. Note retrig for midi…

4 Likes

I really hope Elektron will come with an update.

They could do so much for this machine, for me this was the power of the Digitakt : Very versatile machine who could come with new features only upgrading the OS, as they did with the compressor for example.

But unfortunatly they didn’t upgrade the Digitakt that much, not even with simple features, but they release new machines as model sample with features the digitakt could easily have.

3 Likes

Elektron:

Please add:
1 : Bandpass + Notch to the filter.
2 : Possibility to change the sample rate of the bitcrusher manual and trough modulations.
3 Modulation to the delaytime.
4 Reversed loop mode : <>

3 Likes

You can modulate the delay time (as well as all the delay parameters) with the MIDI loopback trick! :slight_smile:

Also what do you mean by reverse loop mode? Like the playback going forward, then backward, then forward, etc?

It’s coming soon™

A viable alternative? After nearly 2 years I sort of expect song mode as seen on the MD/MM.

2 Likes

This also irks me. The Digitakt has given a lot to newer boxes but has gotten nothing back.

I kind of expect to get at least the audio input handling from the Digitone and tempo scale per track like on the M:S.

If not then my faith in Elektron trying to maximise the DSP on their boxes is gone. And it’s not burning that bright anymore. Which is sad. There was a time when you got an Elektron box on release day knowing they will expand and build on the firmware until the DSP can’t handle anything more.

But Elektron of today seems different. Even the the opinions of the nauts here are different; if you don’t like the feature set on the day you bought it you shouldn’t have bought it is what I gather from reading around here. It wasn’t always like that.

I got my Digitakt in May 2017 and nearly 2 years later many things are missing or not working properly or are just confirmed as not gonna be fixed at all… I hope I’m wrong but I don’t have much hope the Digitakt receiving any significant updates.

2 Likes

Old Akai samplers had this. It’s great for many purposes.

5 Likes