The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Random lfo to the play mode destination is one of my favorite things to do and should get results similar to those shown in the video. Tweak lfo speed to taste.

1 Like

iā€™d really like to see the option to turn off sample interpolation when repitching .wavs, as of now the samples are filtered when pitched up or down and a lot of the samples i use to compose are 8-bit.

would also lend toward more sound design opportunities since you could retain the sound of a low sample rate without a dedicated sample rate parameter (which would also be nice!).

3 Likes

The Digitakt has given a lot to new devices. It even gave its sampling engine to the AR mk2. Now itā€™s time the Digitakt receives some back from those newer devices. At the very least the sequencer could to be on par with the Model:Samples.

2 Likes

How does the MS improve on sequencing? Curious, as Iā€™m about to get a DT.

I agree with you but I would add that, in this case, users are contributing towards an already existing design. Most of the hard work is already done so users are requesting design additions to create functionality as opposed to fundamentally altering the device.

It adds track scale multipliers and maybe something else?, but also lacks many of the features that make the Digitakt so flexible. Digitakt with track scale mutipliers would be a big improvement for a seemingly small upgrade.

Tempo scaling per track for one. Chance is another nice one.

YES!!! PLEASE ELEKTRON !!!

I donā€™t think it would be hard to implement and it is so essential for live mix!

I use midi faders for each channels of the Digitakt (like a Launchpad XL) but the fact the tracks volumes doesnā€™t stay the same according to the faders when I change pattern is too frustrating so I canā€™t jam with this workflowā€¦ Please make an option for this ! The mixer is useless actuallyā€¦

I take this opportunity to say that a band pass filter or 4 band EQ would be great !

But please the mixer is so essentialā€¦ It kills my workflowā€¦ Iā€™ll go for a TR8S if nothing is doneā€¦

I really donā€™t get it, why the :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: do we have a mixer if we already have 2 possible way to the affect volume per pattern :
-Volume Sample
-Volume Amp

:tired_face:

This is not how a mixer should work !

When using the DT I would like to be able to see which tracks have sequence data in them, in much the same way that the pattern lights on those patterns with pattern data in them. At present when I hold down the TRK button- all the track lights come up white apart from the red one being the active one. Could you make the track button perform in the same way that the pattern does - white for patterns with data, red for active and off for empty.

for all boxes reallyā€¦

• CC value for FILL
  • CC value for SOLO [put back, but with UI and trig lights for it :wink: ]
2 Likes

I like the DTs workflow pretty much. But please Elektron finally give us a bandpass filter (you did it great with the DN). But Its horrible not be able to high pass some super low frequencies or get rid of harsh high frequencies, without loosing the filter as a creative tool.
Just add the 2nd filter page like on the DN! <3

8 Likes

It may have already been mentioned but, now that itā€™s an option in Model Samplesā€¦

Brightness Adjustment for the Digitakt Screen and Buttons please.

1 Like

I guess I can make this happen by p-locking an LFO on the trig (can I?), but it would be cool if the retrig page had an encoder that controlled a pitch envelope over the retrigs - left for lower, right for higherā€¦ similar to the one on abletonā€™s ā€œbeat repeatā€

1 Like

They could do a whole bunch of cool shit to retrigs (and not just on DT). In addition to pitch changes, they could employ a filter to progressively darken or brighten the repeats, an autopanner to send them off somewhere else in the stereo field, conditional/random settings for the retrigs, more or less bit reduction for retrigs, etc. If they added even just half of what AudioDamageā€™s Replicant can do, that would be insane:

3 Likes

retrigs: page 2!

probably the best place for the arpegiator to go too once there are MIDI re-trigs.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Saving chained patterns :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

On envelope depth controls: left = negative modulation, right = positive modulation and 12 oā€™clock = zero modulation. Add a random modulation function at 6 oā€™clock. Assigns a random amount of +/- mod per trig

Iā€™d like to be able to select samples from multiple folders to load into a project in a single operation. Right now it seems to only be possible to select samples from one folder to load at a time. Iā€™m pretty new to Digitakt and Elektron products, so if thereā€™s already a way to do this Iā€™ve missed it.

Longshot, what if you prepped the samples on computer, create a folder, transfer them through USB and that way theyā€™re all in one folder? But then this wouldnā€™t change things for instances where you may want to grab from other folders on the fly

Ok I want something simple, I donā€™ think is to much to ask. And it would really help constructing songs to a certain degree.

So what I would like ( maybe is there yet, hope so :slight_smile: is that the triggers also would affect certain tracks.

So for example im playing a 4/4 beat and every 16 bars I want a drum roll to be triggered, so i could copy same same sound in same pattern about three time, lets say my kick drum. And there would be a way to trigger the second or third variation through another sound. So every time this sound plays the variation sequenced track would play and then would return again to the normal base rhythm.

(edit: I would like the trigger to occur by another sequence, however by a sample would work too)