The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

2 Likes

You can use MIDI Loopback for it and modulate any parameter (literally every) you want!

1 Like

Where is this MIDI loop back setting? :face_with_monocle:

Plug a cable from midi out to midi in :wink:

1 Like

So you can only do this when stand alone

Track locking, a substitute for kits I came up with. I’ve provided a detailed description of my implementation in this thread, which is quickly gaining support: We're unlikely to get kits on the Dark Trio, but I had an idea

Bring your thoughts and/or upvotes and let’s see if Elektron notices. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Oscillator Sink’s video got me interested in Digitakt-as-monosynth. Obviously this thing is meant to excel as a sampler/sequencer, but with the single-cycle waveforms it’s actually got a lot of potential as a pretty powerful monosynth, especially on a gig where you don’t want to bring too much stuff.

Far as I can tell (and please tell me with as many RTFM’s as you want if this feature exists and I’m missing it) the two things that you can’t do (at least not with a simple knob-turn) on the digitakt playing a single-cycle waveform that would make it a fully functional VA monosynth are:

keyboard filter tracking: seems like this could just be a parameter with amount on the second filter page, no?

and

glide: I understand less about this, but certainly Digitakt is capable of at least making this sound by turning the tune knob on the SRC page, so it must be code to make it so yeah?

in that same spirit: would be nice to have slew on the LFOs. moving smoothly (based on an amount knob) between settings would make using the random LFO in hold mode so much more organic-sounding…

1 Like

it’d be cool to be able to p-lock any sample from the +drive like on the model samples, rather than being limited to the contents of the sample pool.

dunno if it’s possible, but it’s one thing I prefer about the MS - not having to pre-plan, n not being limited to 128 or whatever.

• not to replace the pool, but to be available en tandem. the pool is still incredibly useful (being able to lfo sample slot etc).
3 Likes

I think if I was to ask for anything simple on Elektron’s part it would be an improved or alternative interpolation algorithm for the sample playback. Lowering the pitch on samples causes them to be greatly muffled. BR and filter in EQ mode helps add treble back somewhat but TBH a sample-and-hold or sinc mode that could be selected in a menu per-track would be amazing.

1 Like

Yes! A streamlined sound- and sample-locking workflow like on the Cycles would be so great

2 Likes

Zoom ! ! !

1 Like

I found a workaround for this just yesterday (inspired by the Mirage). I used the LPF with cutoff and resonance cranked, and fiddled with the cutoff until it was right around where the detail started to get lost. Then, LFO on Tune, multiplier to 2K, depth around 1.00, speed somewhere in the middle (you have to play with it). I didn’t use BR at all. It sounded good to me!

Edit - side note: I thought I wouldn’t care about song mode, but it’s turning out to be pretty great and I like it a lot. I’m very new to the Digitakt so I’m taking a lot for granted, but there’s a lot to love here - for example, keeping place in the menus is making an already very smooth and fast machine even moreso.

I really really really want chorus on the Digitakt …

10 Likes

This was one of my few disappointments about it.

An enhancement to the Delay to allow us to create our own Chorus effect with it would also be acceptable.

Just need to be able to modulate the TIME param. Or a Chorus mode where the left/right are modulated opposite to eachother.

You can fake a delay with looping/retrig so it wouldn’t be too much a sacrifice.

1 Like

+1 for Sound Setup Menu like on a4,rydm,syntakt,digitone with vel,pb,modc,at,breath as source for multiple modulation targets. Shame it isnt implemented yet.

3 Likes

You can p-lock the delay time on the A4 but its tapestyle repitching mode is limiting. Would be good for your chorus but it’s crap for fast changes.
If DT ever gains the ability to p-lock its effects params natively, i hope the delay also gets a ‘direct jump’ mode to go alongside the regular ‘tape’ mode.

1 Like

Zoom Control while sample locking, you can do it while trimming in the Sample page, so why not in the Source page too?

7 Likes

But but… I like the fact the delay on my Elektron boxes is actually dangerous. I don’t want to give up on that for a chorus effect. It will be difficult to fake feedback and the effect you get when changing the delay times (fast) with an lfo.

You can modulate every single setting of the delay by live recoding and/or p-locks or by using a midi loopback cable and midi track + lfo and/or p-locks. Midi CC 85-92 control all the delay settings.

It would be great to get the delay and reverb settings as lfo destination on audio tracks though. But I understand the lfo on audio tracks only has destinations on that track. The effects are global. It would be a fun mess to use 8 audio track lfo’s to modulate all 8 delay paramaters at once.

1 Like

BEWARE ELEKTRON!!! If i don’t get a chorus on my Digitakt, I SWEAR…i will continue to use it without a chorus and try to find workarounds.

AND I MEAN BUSINESS!!! You’re damn right i’m a THREAT!!!

But come on! A chorus would be nice :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can’t you get a similar effect by using the same sample on two different tracks and subtly use a lfo to modulate the sample start + panning ?

Edit : The 2 different versions of the same sample could also have different filter settings.

1 Like