The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Here’s my wishlist, after using DT for a few days:

• Glide
  • Control mapping (note, velocity, aftertouch, expression, mod wheel)
  • Chorus
  • Polyphony
  • Increased upward pitch range (E-mu could do 48 semitones in both directions) Thinking on it a bit more I think it’s a little ridiculous that there is such a limited upper limit - Elektron, if we’re okay with artifacts let us make that choice!
  • Stereo sample support (would be fine with limited effects as a trade)
  • Option to send p-locked Program Changes 2 steps early
  • MIDI Map
  • Alternative repitching algorithm(s) (higher quality, and/or sample-and-hold)
  • Removal of Master Length parameter, make the Digi trio work like the Model series to allow for polymeter without having to make a pattern infinite (strangely overriding ch.len)
1 Like

Search and tags for samples perhaps?

Now that we have the 16 Notes layout, why not bring 16 levels to Digitakt. And link 16 levels to the start point so we’ll get some chopmagic :slight_smile:

+Sample Zoom

6 Likes

That sounds like it could be fun! What key combo would you use to get into it?

I think it has that already?

Allowing usage of the sample editor at any point not just after sampling would be awesome. With zoom it allows for much better trimming and finding start points in longer samples or a chain. Speaking of chains, slice support would be great too.

7 Likes

Only right after you recorded a sample. It’s not possible to zoom in the wavefile later.

If they would just let you load a sample in the sampler menu from the +drive instead of resampling, that would be already a HUGE improvement.

1 Like

Exactly!

Elektron should figure out how to do it :blush:

Sample Slicing

5 Likes

Problee this is not the first one of these requests (and I have no idea if this is a limitation of hardware, but) would be fantastic if we could route things to the headphone port and NOT the L/R outputs. This would allow for:

1. putting metronome or other helpful-to-the-perfomer(s) tracks in a place where the audience can’t hear them,

2. giving an option of a third (and possibly fourth) out where one could send tracks you want to go to external effects loops, while still having L/R going out, so you could (for example) send a synthy melody track trough your own external rerverbs/delays/choruses while keeping the ‘beat’ from the other tracks clean

I assume to do the second option (or just have four separate outs in general) you’d need some sort of boost to make the earphones-level signal ready for guitar pedals etc, but it would be cool to have the option of taking that on, and it would be a game changer to be able to hear even a simple click track that the audience can’t hear without losing one of the outputs…

1 Like

It would be nice if there was an additional mode to link plocks to knob movements so if you lower the cutoff or whatever the plocks come down relative to that rather than staying where they are.

I don’t know how exactly, but I really wish Temp Save was a unique button combo.

By far my most “whoops” moments are trying to temp save from the pattern length menu or the tempo menu. I tend to be constantly temp saving in between any parameter changes, but for those ones having to drop out of them before saving is really counter-intuitive.

I don’t know why those menus don’t just use a second tap or a long hold to switch modes.

I know this is probably muscle memory for so many people, and a very unlikely thing to ever change, I just think it’s one of the worst design decisions this box has, among many brilliant ones.

1 Like

This is not possible. It’s hardwired, so it’s the same output. I would love to one day see a DT mk2 that has an assignable 3/4 output on the headphones as optional though.

Not exactly related to the topic, but does anyone knows about the processing power of the Digitakt compared to the Octatrack? Does it has the potential to become more and more powerful (with new features and maybe live resampling) or are we already getting close to its full potential ?

EDIT : Could it ever be possible to use the retrig/ratchet/lag function on the external midi tracks ?

• Playing direction (forward, random… )
  • Midi part, micro timing repeater<
1 Like

gosh, dunno if anyone is reading 4076 msg but alright! :slight_smile:

Just found out I can’t midi CC the FILL condition and that would be awesome to trigger that from outside (or when recording into your DAW)

4 Likes

I’d really like to see the DT, DN, ST send/receive SPP (Song Position Pointer) messages!

Being able to sync to Daw, or multitrack from anywhere on the timeline seems like a natural ask for our fantastic songmode.

1 Like

There’s been so many updates over the years. Would it be better to consolidate all the new requests on a new thread that starts from OS 1.40 ?

3 Likes

Controlling the chance/conditions parameter is missing in the midi cc’s for the trig page. I’m not sure if it’s on purpose or forgotten. We can control pretty much any parameter on any page over midi but not chance/conditions.