The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Give me record trigs and I’ll never ask for anything from anyone ever again.

8 Likes

Could you please explain this one ?

sure - it’s a feature that exists on the Octatrack that allows you to trigger and end sampling. I essentially just want a way to capture loops (of any length) from a specific trigger point. of course, then you’re getting into the territory of wanting the recording buffer so that you can do some generative sampling.

likely out of scope for the Digi! song mode already brings this device into next level workhorse territory.

Im never gonna be able to plock delay/reverb parameters on the digitakt am i,

You can with midi loopback to the FX channel; it’s a hassle to set up, but you can modulate delay time for chorus, make freeze delays, and other FX scene type stuff using the MIDI LFO.

2 Likes

I know, i can also automate thru the overbridge plugins inside bitwig, but every time i want to do something like that it takes me out of the head space and i lose focus, if i could just do it on the fly on the box itself while i was creating it would be so great, just a couple lines of code!! :joy:

1 Like

really don’t care much for song mode, but I guess could be useful.
However, PLEASE, in the FX Mixer page, give us the option to Mix WET only signal
(especially for the Input L/R sounds).
I like to use DT/DN as Send effects on my mixer. Having Dry signal present gives an unwanted flange effect, and I don’t want to have to use PRE Send on my mixer.

It was probably said many times before, but because we have a song mode now, and therefore the impossible has happened, let me express these insane ideas once again, and dream big even further:

Performance mode

Per track/pattern/song/project/global/idontknow: a configuration page, where you can define how knobs A-H impact selected parameters of sounds (something similar to a configuration page on DN, where you define modwheel, velocity, aftertouch etc. behavior). Then you can enter/open performance mode, and manipulate these knobs live. Click resets to zero (no impact). Effectively, we could then have something like eight mod wheels, or something mildly resembling OT’s scenes.

Live sampling

An option for recording start/stop while playing, and then immediate automatic write and association with a given sample slot. Or the other way around: an option of associating sample slot with a recording buffer, instead of a loaded sample. Both solutions would give an opportunity for a looper-like functionality, and for granular synthesis effects on the input/played audio.

/* [John Lennon - Imagine] playing in the background */

4 Likes

I think it’s great that we now have a song mode on the Digitakt, not that I ever really missed it but… without implementing Kits, or a way to pick up parameter positions from one pattern to the next it’s still not very useful for me.

Please add an option to pick up parameter position from one pattern to the next so as to be able to have smooth filter sweeps etc… from pattern to pattern as the songs play through. :pray:

4 Likes

I would be happy having at least one macro control mapped to velocity - kind of like Syntakt has. Just 4 parameters linked to it

1 Like

MIDI ratchet and Arp.
More ‘Global’ settings that allow for changes to parameters to apply across patterns (AMP,FLTR,LFO, etc.).

4 Likes

Slots or slice mode would be great!

Request for all the Elektronauts out there:
There should be a non-request day when there’s a new OS on the Digitakt.

14 Likes

Very true.
I got caught up in the “dreams really do come true” scenario of Song Mode being implemented on the Digitakt after being requested here and got greedy!

I have also posted this possible implementation on the digitone request thread.
but this can be applied to all digis.

• 16 knobs (2pages) of midi track contol,

While it is nice that we can Plock 8 paramameters when controling an external synth i find myself always in need of more because i usually assign ADSR, filter, 2nd filter, resonance and volume and then i am left with no more parameters to control.

On the digitakt it could be done by double tapping on the FLTR page for a second page of controls and the same for the AMP page where you assign midi nr. values. It would be nice to have an extra 8 knobs with which to play with other parameters (ocs, lfo, effects etc).

Is it just me that finds this quite an upgrade for controlling external gear?

2 Likes

You can use MIDI Loopback for it and modulate any parameter (literally every) you want!

1 Like

Where is this MIDI loop back setting? :face_with_monocle:

Plug a cable from midi out to midi in :wink:

1 Like

So you can only do this when stand alone