The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

So many good ideas in this thread.

After a good few months of using it, in my opinion the only thing that is actually missing is a band pass or eq per sound

There are lots of things that would make it more powerful, but in my opinion, the actual sampling capabilities are actually severely crippled without the ability to - at least - cut highs and lows, and at best eq a sound.

7 Likes

Yeah, you got a point. It’s a pretty nifty feature on the Digitone. Mixing alone is handy enough, the additional routing for effects is even greater!

I was doing that mixing in Eurorack without a line level booster for a while and it worked fine. You just need to attenuate the Eurorack signal quite a bit to make it even with the line level. There are cleaner options, but if you’re in a pinch… :man_shrugging:

thank you, I will check it out!

yes, a band pass filter would be great. I think one of the developers at Elektron actually commented that there is still enough cpu-power available to make it possible.

2 Likes

The biggest drawback of the digitakt is not having auto-sample / multi-sample. It’s One of the reasons I am thinking about building a modular system instead of buying the digitakt or the octatrack

Probably already on here, but a way to control some tracks with func+all but not ALL the tracks.

Like holding 2+ tracks and changing a parameter.

9 Likes

Just discovered elkherd a few weeks ago. Wow what a streamlined process. So well thought out and amazing. I recommend it to everyone who has a Digitakt.

2 Likes

Trig slides! Or is there a way already?

What the DT (and DN) both really need in my opinion is the ability to lock a pattern on a particular page (ie bar).

It’s often really cumbersome to edit complex melodies and structures when you can’t just focus on the bar you’re working on. Many of us of course are used to doing this in a DAW too. And when you have conditional trigs that mean you have to wait for, say, bar 11, things can get pretty frustrating and you can lose sight of your intention.

I’d imagine some key combo with PAGE would let you “hold” a particular page, probably across the pattern for simplicity or just the track would be even better, if more complex. And yes things could get a bit weird with conditional trigs in this scenario depending on your setup, but I think it’d be so useful that’s dealable with.

8 Likes

My one gripe Ive run into most often is a lack of a 3rd/4th octave up or down. It can go up and down multiple octaves on midi (microfreak and organelle), but when using the internal chromatic keys (FUNC + trk) samples are limited to 2.

Other than that its been a pretty great gateway drug into dawless

2 Likes

A further thought on this. An alternative method to getting this functionality, or akin to it, might be letting us start playback from any place/trig in the pattern. This would be super helpful for editing. Would ideally though need some way to take conditional trigs into account.

Actually with more thought, I think there’s a way of doing this that makes perfect sense - the feature should be on the scale settings [FUNC + PAGE]. This goes with those settings very well and then, alongside the other pattern/track options, you’d be able to choose to start playback from any step in the pattern or track (depending on global or pattern setting).

This makes the most sense I think for this feature from a “where could it go?” and logic point of view and also I think solves the conditional trig conundrum! Plus of course means it would be great creatively, as well as for editing.

1 Like

Just playing with my digi today and yesterday came up with two ideas I wish:

1. To have the capacity to lock not only per trig, but also per “page”. Would be good for build-ups, or to transport a whole melody. Who hasn’t pressed as many trigs as possible to change something around all 4 pages? it is kind of tedious and this could make things a little faster.
    It could work the same as plocks, but instead of pressing the trig, pressing and holding the [page] button + turning around the parameter knob you want to change. All this in Rec mode, of course. Otherwise, the [page] button is used as [Fill].

what do you, elektronauts, think? Do you think it would be good, or is there something that I am missing that would be in the way of making this possible?

not-really-but-sort-of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q72iv7bnEVs

1 Like

oh, yeah, and:
2. First I thought about wanting a third master page where instead of seeing and changing the volume of all 8 tracks (like in mixer page 2/2), you could see the pan of all of them, to be able to change all of them in the same page. But then I thought, why not to be able to do this with every parameter of all five pages? Althought I am not sure about the [trig] and [lfo] pages, but I could see a good use of this for src, fltr and amp pages at least. It could also be a workaround for this proposed here.

what do you, elektronauts, think? Do you think it would be good, or is there something that I am missing that would be in the way of making this possible?

1 Like

Band pass filter with selectable width no resonance applied. I do a quick resample but that slows my creative and mixing process.

6 Likes

+1000 That would be a very strong addition for live jamming.
Something like how selecting patterns to chain works but for selecting tracks to func+all.

2 Likes

In the two empty cases, I will see a ‘’ random sample ‘’, possibility like the polyend tracker.

Performative Fill/ Quick Fill
Press track Button + Page/ Scale button.

/With Settings somewhere so this is more like a ratchet/ grandular effect/ loop, as opposed to a normal step fill.
Could affect multiple tracks.
thank you

This has been requested for years – Live record mod wheel PB data from external keyboard? – but MIDI modulation passthrough (pitchbend, modwheel, aftertouch, etc) is sorely needed. Polyphonic aftertouch support would be really sweet also.

Being able to command internal tracks with MIDI tracks without hardware loopback would also be helpful so that I can change the controller’s tracks on the DT with a simple knob twist.

2 Likes